Revs at 70 and 60 mph

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van_Dammesque

After a discussion in another thread about the revs at 70 mph I thought to start this thread, I always judge my car's general performance when doing 60 mph and check the revs,when I first bought it was closer to 4k rpm! But after a few good services and parts, including putting injector cleaners into the system I have the following revs:
60 mph:
13zv3p1.jpg

70 mph:
aaycdj.jpg

I got the gf to take these before anyone mentions safety! :)

Gearbox ratings are not affected when you serviced your car... So it was 100% the same before!

My car makes 3700 @120kmph and 3000 @ 100...

In a few weeks im going to change the 5th gear set for a fiesta one.. And that will mean it will make 3050@ 120 kmph

i have found that when driving on the motorway, the angle of the rev counter matches the angle of the speed needle pretty much the whole way round the dial, pretty cool

Well I done a puma swap and can’t tell if it’s the 1.7 box I got with it or a 1.25 box because 5th is screaming.At 60mph the revs is just under 3k and at 70 the revs is just over 3k,does that sound about right for a 1.7 box,similar to them two pics

Not quite sure where this post is going! We all know a 1.7 Puma is slightly undergeared in 5th.Im happy to live with that.At 80 mph it’s quite bearable and if you do a long run(I will be doing 620 miles in a day next week) just get some earplugs which makes the experience quite surreal.

I forgot to put my earplugs in on my commute to work this morning, forgot how much wind noise you get

Need a sixth gear lol or the only thing I’ll be passing is a petrol station,ya couldn’t hold out on petrol because of the high revs on the motorway,wonder would a 1.6 box be better as I’ve one their

Latest posts

Back