Steering wheel badge

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian'

Hey,

I have a question. I don't have a steering wheel badge on my steering wheel. Is it possible to buy this and apply it to the place where it supposed to be?

This is how it looks like:
NZYt5VQ.jpg

I asked this question myself a couple of years ago as I wanted to fit a gel badge and I was told no.

You could change the airbag for a later one though I think.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't stick a DMB gel badge overlay there - if you measure it, they'll make you one that will fit properly. I've got a Puma logo badge on my steering wheel, but I have the later style airbag with the blue oval rather than the recessed Ford logo.

You could just fit the gel badge with a little bit of RTV as long as the size is the same. It wont come off again though.

trueblue said:
You could just fit the gel badge with a little bit of RTV as long as the size is the same. It wont come off again though.

Whats RTV right tacky velcro? :-D

I bought the gel badge RTV i.e. silicon isn't a bad shout and if you had to you could remove it it's not windscreen bond that stuff absolutely positively can never ever be removed one surface you glue it to gets destroyed the other surface requires an angle grinder to remove the remnants of the bond if you try to separate them.

I think Ford may have embossed it instead of using a badge for safety reasons. God forbid the airbag goes off, a sticky badge could have your eye out!

My two penneth, delete as necessary :|

Robyorks said:
[post]367909[/post] I think Ford may have embossed it instead of using a badge for safety reasons. God forbid the airbag goes off, a sticky badge could have your eye out!

My two penneth, delete as necessary :|
But at least when you survived the crash and look in the mirror you'd have "Ford" tattooed on your face! :grin: :grin:

Don't worry Robyorks that bit is burst open and in the event of being hit by the airbag as a glasses wearer I'm already unfortunate and going to have to pick bits of that out of my face. I think it best to try avoiding a crash situation but I take your point. With an 18 year old car it's hard to say if the Airbag would work or not anyway although I don't wish to find out but this is a good moment to remind people of a safety tip, if you are ever removing the Steering wheel for any reason remember to unplug the battery first and give it at least 10 minutes before fiddling with the wheel lest the airbag goes off.

Latest posts

Back