smell from the heater

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEVEN HOLDSWORTH

hi , i'm steve and new to this site so pleas HELP. When the engen get up to heat thers a strong smell from the heater , it smells like spisers ( curry ) . A big sorry for any bad spelling never been top of the class :oops: . hop u can help :wink:

What I did to spruce the old smell up was to have the car running and the blowers on. Now with the bonnet open lightly spray anti-bacterial spray and then frebreeze, if you sit in the car you should smell it being sucked and blown through.
Aim the spray at the almost the windows wipers, high and back of the engine bay. Fine mist is best.

Try it also when the heat is on cold rather than hot.

I also remove the window wipers and the plastic strip that sits on the outside near the window wipers and give that entire area a clean, particularly around the pollen filter.

BTW Welcome to the forum! :grin:

Check the pollen filter first, chances are it's never been changed. If replacing, buy the more expensive version with charcoal in it.

Hi all wee question my thunder pumas air con.. when I turn on the heat there's a bad smell like curry I asked the last Ower he said his wife dropped curry chips but I had the carpet out a good power wash and vanish still that smell even with no carpet

Latest posts

Back