Arch carpet: remove or keep?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-B-

Tried cleaning my arches, without getting my hands dirty, so just a hose with a pistol/jet attachment, and some rated citrus pre-wash, but that method only removed about 20% of the muck.

So do I have to invest in a pressure washer/brushes/rubber gloves/traffic film remover, or should I just remove said carpet? I’m guessing this carpet may contribute to the infamous rusty arch problem (mine are rust free), as well as making the arches that much harder to clean, there may be other good rust-prevention reasons, to remove the carpet.

I got a big hand scrubbing brush for a couple of quid to do mine, consider just trimming away half a centimetre from the edge where it meets your arch

^^ Agree with Quest.... I also trimmed a bit off mine where it meets the arch.

I went to Morrisons and used their jet wash to do mine.... was shocked at how much crud they were holding in there! :lol:

Think of it this way, if it wasn't there, all that crud would be blasting the innside of your arches, and rust would speed upp ten fold...

They are a pain to clean thoug :)

I agree..... it's better to have them in there and clean them regular than not have them at all :eek:k:
Just think of all the stones that the wheels throw up chipping way at your inner arches.

I took my back ones out. Imo there like a big sponge so they hold water longer.

I've removed the rear ones, but I stripped my rear arches, treated any rust, 2k etch primer and 3m sprayable sealer.

I also wanted to remove the front ones but they protect more vulnerable areas. So I might swap them out. Ka arches liners are quite similar and are plastic. The width may be an issue though. On the other hand I don't drive the puma in the wet so they tend not to pick up so much dirt.

Latest posts

Back