Puma Value expectation

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxSparta

Hi chaps,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask so Mods please move if it isnt

Basically im contemplating selling my wee Pumba.

Ive had an ever increasing itch for a Mk2 MR2 and there are some really nice ones near me going for just under 1k This one in particular makes me all tingly down under lol

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201312110474167/sort/default/usedcars/postcode/cv312bw/page/1/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/toyota/maximum-age/over_10_years_old/price-to/1500/model/mr2/radius/1500?logcode=p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So yeah, basically I want to get an idea of what I would realistically expect to get for my Pumba. Now I know everyone will have a slightly different view on this but at least i can work out an average if i get multiple suggestions :grin:

You can get an idea of my cars condition from my project page in my siggy below but a quick rundown of the car is as follows

- 51 plate
- Gunmetal Grey 1.7 Thunder "Pumba" edition
- 113k on the clock (From memory)
- Partial service hisory - last full service was 18 months ago and about £700 spent getting all the belts changed etc. I have however misplaced the reciept for this one (a cardinal sin i know))
- Rear drums repalced during above service, Front disks and pads changed summer just gone.
- All 4 tires are about 18 months old (changed not long after service) Spare is a full alloy with brand new tyre.
- Brand new MIJ stainless mid sport exhaust with lifetime warranty. (have paperwork for this)
- RAMAIR air filter fitted
- Mechanically she is as sweet as a nut

Things that do need some attention
- The rear arches are showing signs of rust, one side is very minor, the other is a but worth and there is some paint chipping begining to occur
- Same goes for Driver side door sill
- The Driver side front wing is dented, finiding a matching colour is tricky due to how rare it is. Reecy did have one going but not sure if that is still the case
- Rear bushes have signs of wear

Last MOT had 1 advisory for damaged headlight which has since been replaced. Will be putting it back in next week for a new MOT.
Tax is due end of Feb but 6 months will be added obviously if i still have it.

Im not expecting 4 figues for it but am wondering how close i can get as this would basically fund me buying an MR2.

Please be gentle lol

p.S. Anyone else having issues with the text box? the scoll bar is bouncing all over the place and makes it a pig to type lol

I use windows xp and internet explorer but I have the same prob with typing long stuff here so I use firefox browser to type long stuff for adverts etc

MaxSparta said:
Ive had an ever increasing itch for a Mk2 MR2 and there are some really nice ones near me going for just under 1k This one in particular makes me all tingly down under lol

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201312110474167/sort/default/usedcars/postcode/cv312bw/page/1/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/toyota/maximum-age/over_10_years_old/price-to/1500/model/mr2/radius/1500?logcode=p" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've a newer (k-plate,Rev3) UK model you could have for less than that one!

jifflemon said:
MaxSparta said:

I've a newer (k-plate,Rev3) UK model you could have for less than that one!

tumblr_kpowqoR2Wn1qzma4ho1_400_zpse0cde2ba.jpg

bought for the girlfriend who decided she didn't like it (bloody women!)
T-bar that doesn't leak, UK spec, rev 3 (so the 178Bhp engine), MOT'd till aug (although has done probably 4 miles since it passed it!). Leather (but has drivers seat rash). Its off the private plate now too.

£800

Oooh, I like the look of that.. Nice wheels too.

800 you say.. Hmm, wonder if I can get that for the Puma....

Whats the service history like on it.. And how far away are you from CV34 :)

Glenn_ said:
I would rather keep the puma.

A month ago I would have agreed. But this itch... its intense... Plus I finally got to sit in one today and it is a nice place to be... which only made the itch worse T_T

Latest posts

Back