Surpised by mpg!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayfox

Was a little shocked after I got back after a trip out at the weekend.. for the better!

Now this isnt of course massively accurate or scientific or anything like that but,..

I was dead on half a tank of petrol, drove to local shell garage (2 mins away) filled up £10.00 of petrol (standard 95)

Drove to lakeside (26.6 miles) when went Rayleigh Hight Street (18.3 miles) then back home from there (42.5 miles) Reset my clock before heading off and it read 89 miles when pulling up outside my flat, glanced at the petrol gauge and sat whack back on half a tank again, thought that pretty good going ;p

alexwilliams840 said:
That's great! I normally get 50 miles per quarter

I wish I got 50 miles to a qtr tank. Mines ore like 35-40. Full tank gone at about 160-170miles. My driving style and the fact it runs decat might have a part to play in that though :lol:

I haven't had to fill up since September!!!

Mind you it hasn't come out of the garage either

Hi,
that would be good 50mpg, but, I have found fuel gauges only tend to be accurate at showing when the car could be nearly full or almost empty. The only way to accuratly do a mpg check is to fill the car to the brim, drive it fill it to the brim again and take the amount used of the forecourt pump display.
Regards
Richard.

Yea I agree about accuracy with the gauge, first half always goes slower than second on mine and I guess with many others too. And as puma babe said it did dip below the halfway mark pretty soon after driving it again, not pretending to be all like 'this is fact' 'mines most fuel efficient'.. main thing is it surprised me esp as I weren't driving slow or trying to save money, plus had passenger, radio and air con on.

Hi,
this thread has given me an idea. When I get my Puma on the road again in May I think I will do a mpg check to see how many miles I can get. Of course thats assuming I do more that 300 miles in it next summer.
Regards,
Richard.

Normally got around 50+ to the gallon out of mine but of course living in Scotland there is no traffic so only use 5th gear.

I can beat Blue3...not filled up since last April :grin:

Latest posts

Back