sand blasting / media blasting / powder coaters

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quest63

Does anyone know of a cheap sand / media blasters and powder coaters in the Manchester area, preferably cental ish?

Cheers

not really local, but probably an hour down the m6

http://www.citypowdercoating.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheap blasters/coaters are what they are, cheap. Don't expect a quality finish!

City powdercoaters are really good and cheap, they are 100m from my office and have refurbed wheels for me.

Also probably the best I have used are 3D finishers in Coventry just off the m6, they are top knotch and cheap. They do a lot of concourse vehicles. They did all my front suspension, knuckles, wishbone, arb, subframe etc £40 and my Alcons £20.

simon

Blue3 said:
City powdercoaters are really good and cheap, they are 100m from my office and have refurbed wheels for me.

Also probably the best I have used are 3D finishers in Coventry just off the m6, they are top knotch and cheap. They do a lot of concourse vehicles. They did all my front suspension, knuckles, wishbone, arb, subframe etc £40 and my Alcons £20.

simon

Cheers Blue that sounds like reasonable prices I was quoted £80 -£100 just for a rear beam.

However its unlikely I would be able to get all the stuff to coventry / Brum and certainly not without upping the cost probably to the point it wouldnt be cheap anymore.

I assume those prices are for blasting and coating not just coating?

Yes blasting and coating.

If you could get a courier cheap enough, you could always have it sent and picked up from my office and I would pop it round to city powdercoaters, but as you say probably cheaper to find someone local.

Simon

Just one question: what is more durable, powdercoating or spraying the wheels? I have a set of F1 style wheels that have started losing those fake nuts and could do with a refurbish. Now, I am undecided what is better in long run; classic respray, or powdercoating? Mind you, in winter our roads get salted and covered with small gravel to offer some grip when the temps are below zero so the tyres have very tough life in those three-four months…
What is more durable option?

Thanks in advance, Questie, sorry for hijacking the thread :oops:

I had the wifes mini wheels, chemical stripped, blasted and powder coated and they have been brilliant plus the added bonus is the brake dust doesn't seem to stick. In contrast mine were pro sprayed and they are rubbish in comparison.

Plus it was only £20 a wheel on the wifes car.

Iirc powder coating is alleged to bond much much better howevetits baked at 200 degrees and i dont know if your rivets studs are plastic or how they are fixed. Glued?

They are plastic and few have come off. Been meaning to take them all down and replace with allen bolts. That would mean tapping 20 holes per wheel, and screwing them in, but summer is long enough :cool:
Unless you have a better idea?

You could take them off get the wheels powdercoated and then see if you like the wheels without them and do allen bolts or some other coloured anodised bolt later

Latest posts

Back