Changing car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherryVimto

Hello forum members.

I didn't know how to title this thread, but I've started it to say at the end of the month I will be getting rid of my Puma.

Like most other members, my family has out grown the Puma. In fact we out grew it ages ago, and now is the time to start being a little practical and thinking about them.

I hate to say this, but it was quite an easy decision to make.
I've been offered another car, the Puma tax is due this month and it has rust issues which were noted on the last MOT.
With those three things, I feel now is the right time to change.

But, I can say I WILL be back in a Puma in the very near future! And, as it won't be my daily driver, it will get all the work/repairs and de-rusting it could ever need. These wicked little cars are too great to stay away from!

From my Puma, I will be stripping off all of the parts I want to keep.
The suspension, engine and running gear is going to be kept for a possible future project with other parts being kept as spares for future use.

So, although I'm still in my puma for a few more weeks yet, I want to say thank you to all those that have helped me to have the experience and knowledge of these great little cars that I have today.

I would like to stick around and hopefully still be involved in this great community!

Happy Puma'ing everyone!

Tony

what car are you getting tony? yep the love of the puma sticks like no other car! i haven't got a puma either but i'm staying on here quite a few others have too.

We are in the process of looking for an eventual successor to the wee puma.

Got a good list of warm and hot hatches. I really fancy a new fiesta st, will test drive one soon but my Mrs gets the final say.

Every time we test drive something it seems like cheating on the puma!

Off to try a mito on Friday, fingers crossed the Mrs isn't keen on it!

quest63 said:
:shock: Oh my :(
Yup, afraid so. No more spares buying from you my friend. Except for the grille, I don't think I've even used any the bits I've bought off you! :'(
At least I'll have plenty of parts to choose from!

tuonokid said:
Hi Tony
Good luck and I hope you manage to drop on a real nice Puma at some later stage.
Barry
Thanks Barry. I'm in no massive hurry to get another at the moment, but it will happen.
I've got plenty of time to look for the best I can get!

madhillbilly17 said:
what car are you getting tony? yep the love of the puma sticks like no other car! i haven't got a puma either but i'm staying on here quite a few others have too.
I'll post up some pictures when I get it!

:cool: These things happen mate, I dont currently have a Puma and I'm still here!

I know you'll stick around - after what, 4 or 5 years and 3 name changes - you're part of the furniture now. :D

The Arch Bishop said:
Wait.... WAT?!? :eek: :? :cry:
It's only temporary! I'll still loiter around on here and keep an eye on you all. And you better get that cat of yours done before Ford Fair next year! ;p
I should be back in a Puma well before then, but if I'm not, I'm going to Ford Fair anyway just to see yours!

evilrob said:
I know you'll stick around - after what, 4 or 5 years and 3 name changes - you're part of the furniture now. :D
Really that long?
Well yes, it's been a while now you mention it. I first registered on this forum when I first got my Jewel green cat and I can't even remember how I or why I found this forum.... how time flies! :roll:

CherryVimto said:
Really that long? [...] .... how time flies! :roll:
Tell me about it - it'll be 5 years for me next month. :pinkeye:

If you have only 1 car then I can understand issues with Family.

We have 2 cars - one totally boring and sensible and the other the Puma........

We use the Puma 90% of the time. Space for the shopping and as we are both average height the kids (12 and 7) are OK in the back.

For us the Puma doesn't cost a lot more than any other car to own.

CherryVimto said:
The Arch Bishop said:
Wait.... WAT?!? :eek: :? :cry:
It's only temporary! I'll still loiter around on here and keep an eye on you all. And you better get that cat of yours done before Ford Fair next year! ;p
I should be back in a Puma well before then, but if I'm not, I'm going to Ford Fair anyway just to see yours!
Working on it!!

if its because you've out grown it and need a family 4 door its a shame.......it means you need a mitsubishi Evo :grin:

Have you decided whats gonna be more practical yet Tony?

fairlight said:

Try the Mito Twinair - they're rubbish, she'll hate it :lol:

Sparx said:
Have you decided whats gonna be more practical yet Tony?

fairlight said:

Try the Mito Twinair - they're rubbish, she'll hate it :lol:

We went out in the 140 bhp distinctive mito with flappy paddle box.
I didn't want to like it, but, it was bloody ace!
Very nice place to be. Reasonably practical for us as a young family, went well, handled and stopped very well. Perfectly mannered road car.
They are doing 0% finance until end of September.

That gave us a kick up the arse to test the fiesta st. Went out in a 63 plate one straight after the Alfa. I'm a Ford man through and through, it pains me to say this, the ST wasn't for us.
I really wanted to like it, the performance is a step above the Alfa, but it's just not special enough inside to warrant the price tag.
As a drivers car its without peer in its class, as a car to get baby and associated gear into its too focused, the figure hugging recaros make rear access awkward.
There were way too many negatives to put up with as a daily driver with kid carrying duties.

It was really hard yo admit the pumas replacement wouldn't have a blue oval.
That said, Alfa still manage to build stuff that makes your heart rule your head, and any petrolhead should own one, for better or worse at some point :)
0% helps though!

too bad, but like you said, it's only temporary :)

but I must add, the only real famely car you can have is a Volvo :) det a V50 T5 or something, that'l keep a smile on your face :) lol

fairlight said:
It was really hard yo admit the pumas replacement wouldn't have a blue oval.
That said, Alfa still manage to build stuff that makes your heart rule your head, and any petrolhead should own one, for better or worse at some point :)
0% helps though!

I must admit the Alfa's are lovely.. I really like the Giulietta 2.0l diesel.. that goes really well.
And having to sit next to them everyday, the more you see something the more you like it sometimes.

Well if you fancy a trip to Romford come and buy one from my dealership :eek:k: :lol:

CherryVimto said:
Yes I have.

It's all lined up ready for collection at the end of the month.

I got your PM :eek:k: :D

Latest posts

Back