Goodbye to my Thunder

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scofield.1

I have already said this on the Thunder thread, but thought it should have a second airing:

Sadly my Thunder is reaching the end of its life. Had plans for endless battles with the rust and wrapping but now the Cylinder valve has gone and its just not worth the money being spent, cheap part expensive labour! So MJ51ZZS will soon no longer be. I will be very sad. The engine is sound as a pound,(approx 65,000) as are the alloys, so the best style on any Puma (methinks) and obviously full leather. If any of these are tempting to anyone email me!

Puma people are as cool as Puma cars, been good getting to know many of you!

Gary

Not considering selling it whole to someone with the skills or willingness to do the necessary repairs?

Should I have said slave cylinder? I am pretty thick sometimes lol. As dar as someone doing it up.... a mechanic would have it running for 40 ish quid and a mornings work. BUT the bodywork is a much bigger task. I would love someone to save her but in all honesty theres some much cleaner pumas for sale for very little money.

I have taken up camping so bought a passat highline estate 1.9 tdi. Totally different car. Loved the Puma when we need a second car might even get another! lol

Latest posts

Back