What spares have you got?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherryVimto

* Mods.. Please move if this should be in the 'lounge' or somewhere.

A bit of a random one this....

I've been working in my garage and was looking at the amount of Puma bits I've got sitting around and though it would be interesting to see what spare parts other members have got laying around.... Just general Puma spares that you're keeping for a rainy day or stuff you think may come in handy one day!

I'll start off:

2x sets of rear lights
Set of refurbed ST calipers
Organic uprated clutch
Alternator

image_zps7906ec66.jpg

Ashley rear box
Starter motor
Coolant expansion tank
Poly bushed torque link
Inlet pipe

image_zps6223614d.jpg

Pair of headlights with DRL LED strips
Engine bay loom (boxed)
Entire Puma loom (boxed)
Heater control panel
Engine mount
3x engine covers

image_zps52d8f00a.jpg

2x radiators
Hoffman race tube
Set of wheels
Battery

image_zps9a2f6674.jpg

Inlet manifold

image_zps70fd2384.jpg

Complete set of driveshafts - bottom box
100+ bulbs (every bulb you'll find on a Puma and some!) and rear fog lights - 2nd box up
Heater matrix - 3rd box up
Everything else if for my turbo conversion so not really spares as such

image_zps9900da8d.jpg

Other parts:
Just about every fuse and relay you'll find on a Puma
Half set of driveshafts
Engine (1.7)
Gearbox
Wishbones
Exhaust manifold

Oh god don't, I'm a parts horder. I've got one of the last original Mini's they made and I'm constantly buying genuine Rover stuff as it comes up on eBay just in case....

The Puma is the same, but a bit more random. Top hats for Recaro's, seat trim, switches, sun visors, dash surrounds, speedos, new bolts, washers, gaskets, badges. New airbox, scraper seals, glass, expansion tank, those ridiculously expensive chrome bolts for the engine cover (thanks who ever said you can't get them anymore, that made me track down a load!!). I'm now hunting down loads of other brand new spares 'just in case'

Yes, I need help I know...

Set of cannibalised front lights, heater control panel, airbox, pollen filter housing, half worn clutch, set of low mileage shocks (later type), set of mint prop alloys, Puma cassette deck and multichanger load of other trim parts and tat! Also - old gearbox and radiator for scrapping.

ArchB,
Don't scrap gbx!
I would be interested if you don't won't it.
What's wrong with it?

Uh. A rear bumper, set of used shocks (taken down when putn the new; still useable, not leaking or anything), a set of F1 wheels with winter tyres on them (just put them on car), complete set of rear brakes (drums), set of Mk1 focus rear disc hubs, a gearbox, new clutch, new clutch cylinder, a LSD to be put in a spare gearbox, set of bearings and seals for the gearbox, a third gear selector fork, a gearbox shifting pole, complete set of bushes for the front suspension, lots of clips of all kinds, two spare sets of HB3 Osram nightbreakers, a spare set of A pillar shrouds, few oilsump plugs, 2-3 litre of Formula F oil to be there just in case, four 3 mm spacers, 20 spare wheel nuts, FRP cams to be installed, a 421 exhaust manifold (TBI), a TAPE ECU to be reflashed with FRP map and TBI, a Volvo S60 2.0T turbo (mitsubishi TD04-13L) waiting for one day possible turbo conversion, a renault master intercooler (for the same purpose)…….

I havent got many spares for my pooma. Ive kept the parts ive took off when ive modded mine.

Ive got a good collection of cossie parts though.

probbly not as any as I should have, but a few.

I have a spare tape ecu, a set of replica frp front vings, instument suround, rear axel mounting brackets. brand new front wheel hubbs (just the bit that fits into the bearing) a right hnd drive shaft, whit broken cv's, a stering wheel, and some smal odds and ends. not muc all in all.

Latest posts

Back