Lowest genuine mileage puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy4

We'll I've collected today a stunning 22000 mile 1 owner puma thunder that's a credit to its one lady owner.
My question is does anyone know of a lower mileage puma out there ?
And what should I do with it make it 100 percent perfect
Tidy up anything that's not quite right or just go all out and underseal and rustproof the hell out of it?
I've several other pumas to play around with but this surely must be a collectors dream.

I believe there's a new owner of a 13000 miler on here, check the Project section for one called "New moondust arrival" or something along those lines.

Excellent - well done! I thought I was lucky to find mine last year as a completely unmolested one at 47k. So I think you'll struggle to find many better.

It sounds like you know Pumas but I would simply keep her in a garage (if you can) maintain the regular servicing and try to nip any rust in the bud when you find it. Oh, and of course enjoy driving regularly. At least, that's what I'm doing with mine but I'm lucky enough to be able to keep her as a cherished weekend car that I look forward to driving after a week of the family bus!

I had a 17k come through the salvage, was a very tidy car indeed, smelt lovely, a real lovely motor.

Had taken quite a knock on the front and both legs had moved so much as I would have liked to repair, it would have been a big job and questionably not a great idea.

Other than that had a 21k which was missing wheels, that was an easier decision :lol:

28k, had a few 30k ish. Currently got a 49k and a 50k in the yard although they too both have frame damage.

I think I've seen a low teen FRP on Ebay for 11 or 12 thousand pounds sometime over the last two years. If it's mint it might even be worth it.
Barry

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=27846" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Proud owner of a 1.7 51 plate Puma with 15k,it had 13k when we bought it last October,one lady owner,garaged from new.The same one TG Player1 refers to i believe.
Just trying to keep the miles down and keep it original.We had a 1.7 silver a few years back,but sold it @70k as things were going wrong and it needs a new cam belt .
Plan to get it undersealed in spring/summer. Just love driving it over my old Golf 2.O or my Focus.

Our silver had 38k and pacific green 44k when we bought them, but we drive them so now on 49k and 60k respectively. The silver will stay lower but the other is now commuting 80 miles a day and has whacked on a massive 11k already in just under 6 months :-(

mine had only done 38000 miles when i bought her 4 months ago a real dream car to drive, the car is now on 39500 everything else will fade away before that vct engine dies! :)

the clock resets at 99,900 so maybe most of these have been round clock aft 99,999 ?? mines a 5 figure milage recorder , so must arent genuine low milage are they ??? surely they must be 130,000 plus ???? for 10 -20 tear old cars , mine says 32,000 , shdnt that be 132,000 for its age ??? has anyone queried the 99,999 indicator or doe they stop working at 99 ,999 or is mine wrong with 5 figures ??? would love to hear from you all on my query , purchased 15 jan 2016 at 32,000 miles silver 1.7 s reg ...

Only the early ones clock round at 100k, any of the later ones with the digital odometer do not. Worth checking the MOT history to verify in either case :grin:

IMG_6910.jpg

On the subject of low mileage puma's I come across this lovely 43k example (sellers not affiliated to me) with £750 being asked, might make something a very happy owner..

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201604142954236?radius=1500&make=ford&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&sort=default&page=4&postcode=SS2%206JR&search-target=usedcars&searchcontext=default&model=puma&logcode=p

My FRP had 22k on it when I picked it up. That was back in 2008, mind.

There's a 18,390 miles, 2001 Puma, 2 owners, for sale over on PumaPeople £2,750:
http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=110718&pid=937606&st=0&

There are probably quite a few low mileage pumas out there locked in garages waiting for the value of these cars to rise when they become a future classic!

Wife's Thunder had 29000 on it from one lady owner when we bought it in 2011. Still only got 34000 on it now and that's unlikely to change this year as we have 2 other cars on the road these days. Safely garaged up for now.

Latest posts

Back