Engine bay wiring photos?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattw

Afternoon all,

Currently rebuilding a 1.7 that had the head stripped off by a garage after the belt snapped & has been sat for a couple of years since.
It's all looking pretty sweet so far, but I'm getting slightly thrown by the routing of the engine bay wiring harness. They're all in roughly the right places as certain plugs match (Crank sensor, ICV, throttle body, alternator ect) but there seems to be a couple of plugs that don't match to anything and some of the routing seem too tight/awkward.
If any of you have photos of the engine bay, particuarly around the intake manifold (big ask but underneath the manifold as well?), throttle body, coil pack (& beneath, again) and behind the O/S/F headlamp.

Huge thanks in advance, especially to anyone that goes out of their way to take some photos!
Matt

There are some wires that pass behind the starter. If you try to pass them in front of it the wiring does not have enough length.
Also the IAT sensor and the coolant sensor have the same plugs so be careful not to plug them vice versa. If you do the radiator fan doesn't kick in because it "sees" temperatures in the region of 30-40C. An OBD reader can be helpful here.

Evening,
Thank you for the replies!

Steavie, I've got just one x2 pin connector left over now, it's the final connector in the lead that runs down the back of the starter. It's natural routing suggests it wants to go around or near the AC compressor, but the connectors don't match? See the photo attached for the connector I mean.
IY5QjN.jpg

Siju, I'm fairly confident I've got right connector on coolant sensor, where is the IAT located on these? I assumed it was part of the MAF, as that's what I'm used to at work.

Thanks,
Matt

Problem solved, it's on the throttle body manifold I removed to investigate where the connector goes :oops:
Thank you both for your help, I'm sure there'll be a couple more location issues I have over the next couple of days!

Matt

Fingers crossed! Should be getting fluids, battery & measuring up aux belt tomorrow, so looking good for the weekend! Might even have to do a project thread if I remember to take photos!

Back