Ford Puma 1.7 13000 miles 1 lady owner as good as it gets

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edinburger

We buy any car .com are selling a 1.7 puma at the bca ingliston sales tomorrow .
I can be a nominated bidder for you if you phone me and I think your genuine ...
I am a semi retired mechanic with the grizzly outlook on chancers in this world to match , but has plenty of time for honest folk , if I can help you get the lowest mileage puma outside the ford collection I will.
I charge a hundred punds for the pleasure though. Andy 07904756730

Maybe I'm just cynical, and there's no offence intended, but my first reaction is that this sounds too good to be true... :?

We do have a policy of only allowing approved traders to advertise their products and/or services, but, as a one-off, I'll let this stand until tomorrow evening. However, I would ask that you give our members a little more information about you and the car if possible.

I'd advise anyone interested in this to exercise caution before parting with any money, as we have no way of verifying whether this is genuine.

Ok , I understand your scepticism , I am a semi retired mechanic who finds cars for people , when I find a niche market car I post it on the relevant owners club website the registration is YR 51 OJS its on the bca website , regester in the same way as usual , view the car , talk to me , if I thnk you are genuine I ll buy the car with my own money up to your pre arranged limit , phone you with the good news , and you can come and get the car whenever and pay me a 100 blabs for my trouble . cant be more honest than that for you

The guide price is £650 ish plus auction taxes , bear in mind there was a 2000 2.0 silver cougar with black leather with 23k miles 8 months ago here that sold for 1650 , it had full main dealer history , 16 stamps all mots and tax discs ect ect , apart from a minor 1/2 inch rust blister on the front o/s wing edge it was as new , with a fo-mo-co new fuel tank , pump lines ect just fitted , what a car , what a effin car .

This is the car if anyone is interested:

Puma 1997-2001, Zetec 1.7 EFI, Moondust Silver (Metallic)

VIN Number: WF0CXXGAEC1P76838
Registration Number: YR51OJS
First Registration Date: 05.10.2001
Registration Country: GB
Build Date: 11.04.2001
Vehicle Line: Puma 1997-2001
Body Style: 3 Door Coupe
Version: Series 10
Engine: Zetec 1.7 EFI
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 3.82
Emission: 2000 EEC (EEC 7)
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"GB"
Paint: Moondust Silver (Metallic)
Interior Colour: Medium Dark Graphite
Interior Fabric: Chrome/Twill

21616264770_3bb3cf6d49_b.jpg

21616297480_5ea75ca451_b.jpg

21804338295_3b2938449b_b.jpg

21778354526_72fb271c19_b.jpg

21792725512_4d75671172_b.jpg

21813989091_7e94fd5b6b_b.jpg

21616629158_a49ef4cce9_b.jpg

21181774454_9c51da2665_b.jpg

Hi.
Looking at the photos and seeing the rust on the arches it seems strange that a car with this low mileage has such rust. It will be interesting to see what price it reaches.
Regards,
Richard.

Time is the enemy with rust rather than mileage (especially around the arches) and this car is 14 and a half years old now.

To be fair, it's not a lot of rust. A few scuffs and dents are easily sorted, and the rust isn't a huge stumbling block. So long as the engine is sound, and has had some servicing, then it should be a cracking bargain for someone.

The service book has 13 stamps, last one being in 2015 , I went to view it earlier , they have been overly critical of even thy tinyest dink , some are 2mm in size only , its basically in showroom condition, even the tyres are new, the rust is very superficial, a pin did not pierce through the worst bit when pushed hard.
The only comment one of the men who works there had was the gearstick feels slightly stiff, this is normal for a rarely used car as the grease hardens on the shift linkage , with a few hours spent I think you would have a show winning example ( IMO )
cheers Andy

I was going to head over there this afternoon but I resisted. I would be interested to know what it went for though.

£1700 plus commission , as far as I could see the brake system , all of was new, as were the dampers, 15 inch :roll: goodyear eagle tyres ect ect , it sounded perfect, with the zing only a good ford engine makes , unfortunately the lad who came with me had no chance with his 800 budget . http://www.projectpuma.com/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully the new owner will love it and put the few little bits right. :eek:k:

Yep. It'd still need some money chucking at it too - I for one wouldn't fancy driving around on fourteen year old tyres.

Hi,
The original tyres would be Pirelli P6000 so the car is not on original tyres. My Punma has all original tyres and drives very well, I took the unused spare tyres before fitting them to the front wheels to be checked by my trusted local fitter and there is no problem with them. They do look to be in A1 condition with no blemishes or signs of ageing. Keep it original as long as possible. Having been down the route early 1960,s Minis originality for a classic is the key.
Regards,
Richard

£1700 plus commission is a very fierce price for that spec and condition. Who bought it, Ronnie Pickering?

I'm not too sure this is too expensive, the mileage is documented and there are a few blemishes but maybe this is a sign of things to come. RMs car is much nicer but I'm sure he paid more for it than this (if he didn't I'm deeply jealous)
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back