advice needed

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I would say no and so should anyone else on the basis of not enough information.
We cant see it or view it or quantify how much welding was needed or how well it was done.
We don't know if the cambelt or clutch has been done or anything about service history.

In my opinion just on the basis of the facts presented its a definite no.

All Pumas are quite old now however there are many about and there's no need to buy one with that mileage.

I would be looking to buy the very best one you can afford and not a bargain high mileage car. It might look cheap to begin with but you'll end up paying for a bad car in the long run in terms of cash and hassle and being off the road etc.

Also and absolutely no insult intended take someone with you who is either a very knowledgeable friend or a mechanic.

Personal circumstances and capability also play a part so if you have space and tools and knowledge and can do all the work needed in future on an older high maintenance Ford and can change an engine yourself if needs be etc then its not such a risk.

However being as you asked your question I'm assuming your not.
Good luck finding a good one
Regards
Q

I agree with above unless your prepaired to do a lot off work which takes time and money

If you can get pics of it and underneath it would be great too see and people on here are always willing to help

I agree with what the others have said..
However, even though it has high mileage, it could also be a decent motor providing the major stuff has been done, clutch, timing belt etc.
For example, mine is a 51 reg with 100k. I've done the timing belt, clutch, wishbones, top mounts, rear bushes, new brake lines all round etc in the last 2 years so I know they won't need any attention in the near future. I also stripped the underside, painted and under sealed including the sills and inner arches.

As previously mentioned, take someone knowledgeable with you. If it's in decent condition, mechanically and body wise then I don't see why it isn't worth the asking price.

You never know it might have been cherished.. Until you have a look you never know.

Even if you have a look at it and it's a shed you've not lost anything.

Personally I'd rather go and have a look at it now whilst it's available rather than later on see it parked up on a car park somewhere to see it's actually a decent motor that I'd missed out on.

Go and have a look :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back