Millie no 642

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redexr

After a trawl through eBay pumas I spotted Millie 642 for sale in Lincoln. It's only done 74k with all old mots certificates and service book stamped to 50k, so I had a drive up there today. Very clean inside with a bit of usual driver seat damage on the bolster . body is very straight with a bit of blistering on the rear arches but no nasty dents or other damage. So, much to the wife's "delight" I have bought it. Collecting on a trailer next weekend as I don't intend to use it straight away and may garage it this year and smarten it up a bit more over winter.

I really regretted selling the last Millie I had , but I think this one is a really good base for a nice show car, and at 74k it's got to be one of the lower mileage Millie's left.

So now we have the wife's thunder, the millie and the red 02 1.7 base model. Would love a FRP but they,re just tooooo expensive, and the blacks not really my thing....because its black and black cars are a nightmare to keep nice.

I'll get a pic or two up soon. :grin:

Millie meets Thunder

Bit late putting pic up but the Thunders been under a cover at the back of the garage all winter.

tuonokid said:
[post]352055[/post] Does your wife live next door? It looks quite a good arrangement that :)

I was just thinking the same. Living the dream!?

Now that's an idea.!!! Luckily I get on well with the little old 82 year old lady with the red fiesta - I found that for her after her mk2 fiesta died - so she has no problem with me using the drive occasionally. Mine is normally full of both sons astras or mine/son work vans. The trailer in my car port had my XR2 on it ready for the International Ford show a few weeks ago. Trailer normally has to live at daughters house. It gets very busy at mine because there are 2 land rovers, 2 motorbikes, 2 astras, 2 work vans, 3 pumas, 1 xr2 a car transported trailer and a bike transporter trailer . Not all at the same time...that would just be daft :p

Looks good but am intrigued as to what is on the trailer in the garage, oh and both of the number plates are illegal as you can't read them!!!! :grin:

I've bit the bullet and decided to get the Millie insured from June, I was going to let it sit this year what with the red runabout and wife's thunder available but seems a shame to ignore it. Red also needs an mot start of august and i know it needs some welding so using the millie Will also give me a chance to find out if it has an little problems before I decide to attempt a major concours style clean up on it.

Zinc....car on the trailer is my mk2 XR2 loaded up to attend the international ford show in London a few weeks ago.

Had a knock on the passenger rear side of the car since I got it and replaced the strut top bush as there seemed to be some play, no luck, still there. I have now replaced the axle beam bushes with polybushes as I found the originals, especially the passenger side were shot to bits. No knocks or bangs now...happpppyyy.

Just got to give it a clean up for the PP stand at FF on Sunday now :lol:

Latest posts

Back