I now own THREE Mot'd Pumas !!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redexr

Now getting very silly but it had to be done in the interests of keeping the Wifes Thunder close by

She has been mumbling the words mini and mx5 for a while so today I surprised her by saying we'd go car viewing . Never got anywhere near the mx5's, which I'm quite glad about really although they're nice cars.

Original idea was to find a nice mini cooper/cooper S hard top or 4 seat convertible...but plans soon changed when she clapped eyes on and test drove a mini roadster convertible Cooper S. This thing has 180 odd bhp and hits 60 in 7 seconds and will do over 140......makes the Puma look slow!!!

Needless to say I'm buying it, 3 years old with 23K on the clock and took out extra 2 year warranty on top of 1st free year so we're set until July 2019.

BUT, while shes excited about her new car, MY new car is her old 34000 mile Thunder, as part of the deal I get the Thunder :grin:

So now I have the red 02/millie and Thunder. But red needs work and may not survive the next MOT in August, so millie may become the runaround and the Thunder will be turned into my decent show car for next year.

Ever wondered why car dealers like setting up home near Sainsbury and Tesco??.....I'm beginning to realise....a weeks shopping suddenly gets much more expensive!!

We went out car hunting in the millie and as a bit of a laugh I got the mini dealer to give me a p/ex price against the new car. The saleswoman was a bit embarraced to say the least when she came back with the managers offer......£100 :lol: :lol: :'(

I politely declined the offer. Its just a 16 year old yellow puma with rusty wheelarches to them...but we all know better don't we :grin:

I'm collecting my fourth Magnum Grey Thunder some point when the seller has sold a few bits to make it cheaper, its coming back here to have the exact same stuff refitted where it will be stored until such time that its viable to conduct four nut and bolt restos. :grin:

Mine have got half a million miles between them though haha 34000 sounds nicer but they're getting stronger money all the time, you're in to grands now for anything under 50.

Latest posts

Back