Photo

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaGal60

Hi Guys

Photo of my Puma now she's back after having her rusty arches cut out and repaired...looks pretty good now, definitely a keeper :grin:

August 2016 002 1.jpg

Front view, really chuffed with it now, not a stone chip in sight! No doubt that will change after all the council resurfacing works.
August 2016 001 2.jpg

PumaGal60 said:
[post]355759[/post]
Photo of my Puma now she's back after having her rusty arches cut out and repaired.
Did you take any photos before you had the arches done?

Great pics and all that, but we already know what a good bodywork silver Puma looks like. :p

Sorry Frank, other half took to local classic car guy and didn't take any photos of the rusty parts, but it was very similar to one that was up for sale recently on here, also a silver one, right on the edge of the rear wheel arch and a small bubble on the front arch.

Best I can do is a photo he took when it was ready for its paint job...although we took it back twice to have the paint redone because we weren't happy with the finish.

27 June 2016 330 1.jpg

PumaGal60 said:
[post]355776[/post]
Best I can do is a photo he took when it was ready for its paint job..
Thanks, that gives a better idea of what the car has 'been through', I think. Looking good now for sure.

Looks smart, just wondering reason for taping around lights and front grill, when its about 30 seconds to remove grill and both lights?

I suppose different people have different ways of doing things, he's done a fantastic job regardless, really pleased.

However, after a lot of thought and heartache, I am now considering selling her after 14yrs together and wondering if it would be worth putting the details in the 'For Sale' area to test the water.

We had the O/S rear wheel arch and stone chips done having previously had both arches done a couple of years earlier, but the O/S rear wheel arch had just started to come through again, the N/S is fine as per photo at top. All in all including VAT it cost £480...don't know if that's a fair price for cutting out the old arch and making a new one arch, stone chips and re-spray?

PumaGal60 said:
[post]363667[/post] We had the O/S rear wheel arch and stone chips done having previously had both arches done a couple of years earlier, but the O/S rear wheel arch had just started to come through again, the N/S is fine as per photo at top. All in all including VAT it cost £480...don't know if that's a fair price for cutting out the old arch and making a new one arch, stone chips and re-spray?
If all looks good in real life as well, I think that's a quite good price :)

Latest posts

Back