Remote Central Locking Help Please

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orenthal

Hello,

I have an issue with my 99 Puma's remote central locking, I have read the other threads on this forum but it still doesn't seem to want to go...

The key used to work fine via remote but a few years ago it stopped working and I didn't bother anymore. It's a 3 button fob, it starts the car, unlocks all doors and boot no problem but won't lock or unlock remotely anymore - The battery has been replaced and I've attempted to reprogram it.

When you reprogram it, the fog light button comes on into programming mode and then when you press the buttons on the fob, nothing happens and the programming mode 'times out' and nothing changes.

Any advice please?

Not much of an advice, but have you got 1 or 2 keys? You could try if the other key works fine. Perhaps the buttons aren't working anymore, get a replacement of eBay(?) and program the key with your car to have a spare key.

Thanks for the reply, I have a replacement spare key which was cut from a key cutting place, it doesn't have any buttons - it starts the car okay and locks it via the door lock but no remote buttons

Sounds like your remote is not working, have you checked the battery contacts are touching correctly?

Others have had dry solder joints on the board which have cracked and stopped it working properly. The easiest test would be to get hold of another 3 button fob and press the button at the same point and see if it programs. It's easy enough to swap the circuit board in to your existing fob / swap your blade to the other fob.

Thanks red, so If I had another fob and pressed the button and the car accepted it and would then lock/unlock, what would I need to bring over/change over from the old (not working currently) key?

i had the same problem, i cleaned the contacts inside, fitted new battery, reprogrammed it and it worked fine,

Back