Will not start

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elbowz

Hi

This is a problem I am having on a 1.7 Puma. My other half loves her Puma and it had an issue with the steering fluid pipe that runs from the front to the back. She got a 2nd hand one an I have now fitted this. It has taken me a few weeks to get on with this job and now the car refuses to start. I can hear the fuel pump start, the spark plugs have been changed as I thought it could be these holding it from starting but the car still will not start. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Elbowz. That's gotta be frustrating for you!

If it was me and since you haven't played with anything that could have caused the problem, I would most likely go back over what I had done and double check there was nothing left unplugged or disconnected, possibly remove the battery before I started.

Que the clever folk to chip in and direct you straight to the problem ;)

Not straight to the cause as could be virtually anything.... however

Start by checking all coil/plug connectors in case you have knocked one off during the work.
If the pump can be heard it is more likely electrical....take a plug out, connect it again, lay it on a good earth spot (anything not aluminium) spin the car over...have you got a spark (basic but cheap check)
if spark is good then you are probably back to a fuel problem even though you can hear the pump

Thanks all

It was the steering fluid pipe that started all this. Having learned the art of self origami I managed to replace the boched repair by the previous owner. It wants to start. It did cough a few times and now just spins over. I will try all the above and will let you know how I get on but I'm back to work on the long shifts. I took the plastic cover on the top which should not affect thing I think. Thanks all again for taking the time to give me your suggestions.

Latest posts

Back