cold running probs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfie74

Hi now the weather is getting colder, my puma 1.6 is slow to turn over, when it does start it dies straight away, this morning when i drove it, i put my foot down when the engine was still cold, (joining a motorway) it started to pick up then it seemed like i put the brakes on, which i didn't and it coughed and sputtered, then was ok again, i have replaced the air filter and since then its not running as good as it did, its a mann filter so not a cheap one, also, when ever i start the care from cold, my speedo, rev gauge, fuel gauge and temp gauge shot to there maximum, it does this most times, i know my battery is old, it was standing for a year and i think the garage who sold it to me just put any battery in that would fit, i know it isnt a caluim one which i have been told it should have, do you think the battery is causing these probs or have i done something when i fitted a new air filter or is it a puma thing when the temp gets really cold

I doubt it's to do with your air filter.

Check your battery voltage with the ignition on and off and see what the results are. If your dials are sweeping it's usually low voltage which could be battery or alternator related.

It sounds from your description that there might be a couple of things going on but this is where I'd start.

Latest posts

Back