Horizontal rear wiper position

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sylvester

Hi

One morning for some reason the rear wiper stopped horizontally and I liked that way too. Is there an easy way to keep that stopping position, well without bending the wiper arm :pinkeye:

:grin: I wouldn't bother but I know people (Typically either racing drivers or chavs) used to do this on a single wiper conversions on the front.

Supposedly it's something along the lines of "you would need to alter the position of the motor on the linkage, leave the blade where it is and move the linkage round on the motor spline"

No idea if this is the same on the rear of a Puma though, I found that on a Clio site.

Sylvester said:
[post]358851[/post] Is there an easy way to keep that stopping position, well without bending the wiper arm
Yep, open the boot and put electrical tape over the tailgate wiper park contact. You see those 4 copper contacts on the right of the boot opening? It's one of those.

After that, you can stop the wiper in any position you want.

Frank said:
[post]358862[/post]
Sylvester said:
[post]358851[/post] Is there an easy way to keep that stopping position, well without bending the wiper arm
Yep, open the boot and put electrical tape over the tailgate wiper park contact. You see those 4 copper contacts on the right of the boot opening? It's one of those.

After that, you can stop the wiper in any position you want.
Thanks, I'll give a shot!

Sylvester said:
[post]358878[/post]
No problem. After I wrote the above I thought I should at least give it a try. Viewed from the rear, the wiper park is the second one from the left.

Afterwards I just removed the tape. I love easily reverted fixes. :)

Frank said:
[post]358883[/post]
Sylvester said:
[post]358878[/post]
No problem. After I wrote the above I thought I should at least give it a try. Viewed from the rear, the wiper park is the second one from the left.

Afterwards I just removed the tape. I love easily reverted fixes. :)

Wow that was much easier than I expected! I have to pay little attention where the wiper stops, but that's literally nothing. A big thank you again!

Latest posts

Back