'Rat look' Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van_Dammesque

Erm...what do you think?
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Jerry can on rear is functional to fill the vehicle up!!! Gets looks at petrol station and many questions.

Lawnmower pull start on bonnet is also functional!!! Gets looks and usual questions, like "Did that start your car?!".

"Do not touch button" is functional :) Once pressed 2x 125db house alarms go off along with house alarm blue flashing light and washer jets hidden to soak you (if no one presses button I have also wired up a remote).

I have been approached by a couple of businesses to advertise their company as vehicle really does stand out and attract a crowd! One company was pest control due to its "ratlook" and other was scrap car collection company. Plus at its first local car meet it won best rat in class.
:p :p :p
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-puma-17-ratlookadvertising-vehicle-/172469558267

I saw this on eBay yesterday, I guess it's each to their own and it's..individual.

It would need to be checked over to make sure it's not hiding anything untoward.

"individual" is one word....hideous is another....plus there have to be so many illegal/unroadworthy bits there I doubt if the police would know where to start...interesting show car maybe, but as above "each to there own" :-(

What a waste of a puma. The car on the left looks shit too.

I bet the owner of that has a beard, glasses with clear lenses and a motorbike jacket but has never owned a motorbike....! We all know some one like this :p

I just had a look on ebay at this....thing.....interesting to note that the bits and pieces were added after the MOT !!

As for those banded steel wheels, firstly the sheer weight of banded steels destroy performance and handling and secondly how the hell did the tyre fitter get those seriously undersized tyres to stretch onto the rims and how do they stay in place on corners.....very very sad car

I don't normally like to criticise other people's cars, if they love it and dedication is there.. but this one just takes the biscuit. The rat look may look cool if done subtly on some cars but this one is just...naff. Awful wheels too, seller will only throw them in if bids go above £700. Hmmm

If it's that offensive then buy it and put it back to normal, otherwise just appreciate the fact that somebody has done something original to their car, and is selling it on instead of scrapping it.

It may not be to everyone's taste but at least it's still on the road.

TGPlayer1 said:
[post]359424[/post] It may not be to everyone's taste but at least it's still on the road.

....As much as I appreciate a positive outlook, the best I can come up with here is that I suppose it's one way to make a virtue of a Puma vice, i.e. rusty arches would be the least of your worries. :)

"No Mr Direct Line, it's not modified"

:thumbs:

g-whizz said:
[post]359429[/post] the best I can come up with here is that I suppose it's one way to make a virtue of a Puma vice
Pretty much. Punk evolved out of poverty and this is the same sort of idea. However, it is destructive not creative and has no merit. Any fool can knock a vase off a mantelpiece and call the broken pieces art, now try making the original vase yourself. See the difference?

I suppose the only poverty driven 'expressionism' that has actually evolved into a true creative form would be graffiti...but, that takes skill.

The motivation for all three is a simple one - 'I exist'.

To be honest, in the case of the first two, if that's the best you can come up with then it might be better if you didn't. :)

Leaving aside the existentialist analysis I can only remark that it is a complete shit box

I like it.
I like the completely bonkers quirkiness of it. It's got a sense of humour. Despite how it looks, time and effort and thought was put into making it like that.

Latest posts

Back