1.6 tuning options

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfie74

what difference would a k&n panel filter and a hoffman tube race and back box make to my 1.6 puma, i know a 1.7 engine would be better but money doesnt allow and i can get these fits very cheap of a mate

Hi,
It has been proved until I can be corrected to the contrary, that K&N cone filters offer nothing but extra noise. I do not know about replacement panel filters but I should imagine nothing to be gained.
So save your money.
Regards,
Richard

The benefit of panel filters is that they can be cleaned and re-used but I'm fairly sure it's been tested and maintained paper filters are just as effective.

A race tube and backbox would remove the restriction of the second backbox which might have a minimal gain but isn't likely to make a noticeable difference.

thanks all, i will save my money on the filter, i do need to replace the exhaust thou, just wondering if the race tube and back box option would be better than replacing the whole lot with standard items and cheaper

Latest posts

Back