will ford ever bring out a new puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to think they will, but maybe not as Ford have the Fiesta ST etc to fill the sporty gap quite well - presumably at minimal manufacturing cost as the body is similar to the regular model.

Sadly I think the Puma was a one off... But there seems to be a growing trend in the States to take/restore a retro body e.g. De Lorean and put a modern electric engine in it. That might work well for the Puma although the driving experience wouldn't be the same without the 1.7 and no gears :?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/32951/ford-s-baby-cat-getting-ready-pounce

alfie74 said:
[post]359970[/post] http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/32951/ford-s-baby-cat-getting-ready-pounce
That article was pure speculation when it was written, and the intervening 8 years haven't made it true.

alfie74 said:
[post]359955[/post] a lot of companies are bringing back there older models, wonder if ford will

Not a chance. Now everyone is in crossover/SUV bussiness. How many coupés exist on market today (discounting the premium/pure sports brands)? I am affraid that none. And Ford has never been, sadly, not even a, let alone the trendsetter (again, discounting technical solutions such as multilink rear axle for Mk1 focus, standard airbag on Mk1 mondeo etc..) but rather (slow) reactive company...
I simply see no way for it to happen in next few years. There were some stories about Capri revival as well, but nothing happened

Totally agree with the analysis of the above posts, unfortunately.
On the plus side it does still make the Puma unique and treasured, for example just think of how many film remakes lately that have been a travesty to the original! The Puma in this sense remains special and not ruined!

I’d agree with most the comments above. Small coupés are not, I think, in any real demand these days. The Toyota GT86 hasn’t sold particularly well despite being an apparently good drive – I could never get past the horrible looks, personally. I hate to say it, but ‘proper’ hatchbacks (I know the Puma has one, but it’s not in the sense of a Fiesta-type hatch) offer a little more usability and, as pointed out above, SUV/Crossovers (shudder) appear to be the zeitgeist cars at the moment.

Latest posts

Back