Suddenly can't open driver side door

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sylvester

Hi guys

5 minutes ago everything was fine, but now suddenly I can't open the driver's side door... From inside it opens without any issue, but from the outside it doesnt, feels like a locked car door... Shall i force it or probably I'll break something for good? Any ideas?

Update: I was scared a lot, but forced the handler a bit more, felt like I'll break something, but the door opened!! I had to lift the opener like +130% compared to how I usually open it.. I still don't like it at all..anyone have experienced this?

Yes! Clean and totally degrease (and grease) the door latch (half way down on the door).
Play with it a few times and it should move more freely!

Van_Dammesque said:
Yes! Clean and totally degrease (and grease) the door latch (half way down on the door).
Play with it a few times and it should move more freely!

I was so worried cause I heard stories about broken passanger side handlers.. thank you and I will!

yep..above is the correct thing to do...mine did this..i then sprayed everything with wd40..opened and shut a few times to free everything up with the spray.
Also silicone spray on the window guides does wonders for the speed and efficiency of the windows closing correctly.
Sprayed up,the windows fly up and down.

Latest posts

Back