Washer Bottle

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLaw

Like many Puma owners I have removed the rear wash wipe.

I have also removed the motor and more recently the hose that runs across the roof (before sound proofing the roof) and now I want to remove the hose entirely off the washer bottle.

Now this is not a problem - easy job to do whilst removing the slime out of the washer bottle.

But what do I use to cap off the washer bottle where the hose will no longer be or alternatively where can I get a T piece to join the front washer hose to the rear?

Any ideas people?

Easy (cheap) option....piece of hose on the bottle, bend it back on itself, cable tie round it...sorted

Other option...plastic cap...araldite it in place?

Or...run long hose from bottle into car, you have a supply of drinking water touring car style :grin:

Interesting plan, Ash. I removed the Rear Windscreen Wiper from my KA as it was invariably rusting around the Wiper Arm base (as they all do) and even my local and very good bodyshop said they could repair but offer no guarantees on the work as the design was simply flawed. In the end I had the rear boot panel blanked off and properly resprayed - it actually looked much better - to me anyway.

However, I can't really fathom as to why the Puma even has a Rear Wiper. The Rear Window doesn't collect dirt like a more vertical hatchback rear, and the wiper itself isn't particularly effective anyway. I've often thought of removing it and having the hole professionally sealed and painted like I did with the KA, as the wiper arm sits like a carbuncle on the well-designed rear. How have you sorted the hole left behind?

MikeT66 said:
[post]360475[/post] Interesting plan, Ash. I removed the Rear Windscreen Wiper from my KA as it was invariably rusting around the Wiper Arm base (as they all do) and even my local and very good bodyshop said they could repair but offer no guarantees on the work as the design was simply flawed. In the end I had the rear boot panel blanked off and properly resprayed - it actually looked much better - to me anyway.

However, I can't really fathom as to why the Puma even has a Rear Wiper. The Rear Window doesn't collect dirt like a more vertical hatchback rear, and the wiper itself isn't particularly effective anyway. I've often thought of removing it and having the hole professionally sealed and painted like I did with the KA, as the wiper arm sits like a carbuncle on the well-designed rear. How have you sorted the hole left behind?
MikeT66 said:
[post]360475[/post] Interesting plan, Ash. I removed the Rear Windscreen Wiper from my KA as it was invariably rusting around the Wiper Arm base (as they all do) and even my local and very good bodyshop said they could repair but offer no guarantees on the work as the design was simply flawed. In the end I had the rear boot panel blanked off and properly resprayed - it actually looked much better - to me anyway.

Initially I bought a plastic screw together washer designed for plumbing (wide enough diameter for the hole) which screwed together and provided a tight, waterproof seal.

I stuck with this for a while until I removed all of the wiper motor gubbins, fitted the reversing camera and soundproofed / rust proofed the rear of the car. At this time I welded in a metal plate, ground it smooth and had the boot resprayed (previous owner had sat the car under a tree and the tree sap ate into the paintwork - so it was due a respray anyway).

As you say - a rear wash wipe on a Puma is pointless as rear spray never hits the rear windscreen; plus when the rubber perishes around the wiper arm (as mine did) finding a new one is like trying to find hens teeth.

Latest posts

Back