Does Ian G exist

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2

Hi
I really do not know if this is appropriate but I have run out of ideas.
On four occasions I have requested parts from the above trader and not received any reply. I have also left a message on facebook ...same result. Is it just me or have any members had the same experience. All I want is a reply and hopefully some parts.

Regards,
Richard.

Yes he exists; best way to get hold of him is to call him on his mobile:
07866 423809

His stock list on eBay is usually reasonably up to date but not exhaustive by any means:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/puma-bits?clk_rvr_id=1179141528074&rmvSB=true

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
[post]360941[/post] Is it just me or have any members had the same experience.
Nope, not just you. I PM'd Ian a couple of years back about some part, message left the Outbox but I received no reply. Did a follow up PM a week later, with the same result, didn't bother after that.

Hi evilrob
A stock list on ebay that is up to date means nothing if he does not respond to potential customers who wish to purchase from him via the channels that he wishes to sell his wares. Surely the whole idea of applying through the advertised channels would indicate a reply leading to a sale and purchase. Am I right or am I wrong?

Regards,
Richard.

[ref]Ian G[/ref] is still around, he's been active here today. Some people just aren't as good as others at remembering to reply to things. I'm sure he'll sort you out.

Sorry for the lack of reply - generally what happens is the answer is basically a no, they're not available or not ready or can't be posted or some other reason why I can't go ahead. And instead of saying 'no' first I put it in the queue to deal with, with a view to making the 'no' a 'probably'. Which is obviously not a sound way to proceed.

I think going forward the Ebay shop is the place to go - items in there are all ready to go. Anything not in there cannot be supplied. Items are added periodically so they may well appear but the I can't sustain special orders like in the olden days - too busy with the core business and you can see what happens when the requests come in. Sorry chaps.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
[post]360956[/post] Hi evilrob
A stock list on ebay that is up to date means nothing if he does not respond to potential customers who wish to purchase from him via the channels that he wishes to sell his wares. Surely the whole idea of applying through the advertised channels would indicate a reply leading to a sale and purchase.
Why are you attacking me? Ever heard the phrase, "don't shoot the messenger"?

All I did was tell you that the best way to get an immediate answer is to call him, or you can look on the eBay shop to see what he's got in stock.

I can appreciate your frustration at not having received a response to your written messages; hence suggesting you try a different approach and give him a call. I'm not sure why you decided to get snarky with me.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
[post]360956[/post]
Am I right or am I wrong?
You are rude, and if you wrote to Ian in a similar tone, I probably wouldn't reply to you either.

Ian G said:
[post]360964[/post] Sorry for the lack of reply - generally what happens is the answer is basically a no, they're not available or not ready or can't be posted or some other reason why I can't go ahead. And instead of saying 'no' first I put it in the queue to deal with, with a view to making the 'no' a 'probably'. Which is obviously not a sound way to proceed.
Ever thought about using a text expansion tool to fire off canned responses via short abbreviations?

I use this one:
http://www.16software.com/breevy/

breevy_anim.gif

Although I'm fairly sure you've got the coding chops to roll your own using AutoHotKey, if you had the time (which it doesn't sound like you do, so maybe £30 to buy the above off-the-shelf solution might be money well spent):

https://autohotkey.com

Hi evilrob.
Sorry I am not a techno geek what you say might as well come from another planet. What about basic communication by phone or letter or message. Do you know what a letter is. I rest my case. I am not going to comment any more on this post I think I have made my point. It is not my intention to upset anyone but some times I think we can not see the wood for the trees.
Regards,
Richard.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
[post]360973[/post] Hi evilrob.
Sorry I am not a techno geek what you say might as well come from another planet.
That was for Ian's benefit, to reduce the amount of time it takes to respond to cretins repeatedly asking him for things he doesn't have; sorry for the confusion.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
[post]360973[/post] What about basic communication by phone or letter or message. Do you know what a letter is. I rest my case. I am not going to comment any more on this post I think I have made my point.
I'm certain I'm not the only one that hasn't the foggiest idea what your point is.

From where I'm sitting, this thread went as follows:
You came on here grumpy because someone wasn't replying to your messages, I suggested you give him a call... then you went completely mental.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
[post]360973[/post]some times I think we can not see the wood for the trees.
Quite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back