What edition is my Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sylvester

I know there's many different editions of Pumas, but not sure which one is mine, if any.
It's a 2001, 1.7 Colorado Red. Things she hasn't got: electric mirrors, 3rd break light, CD player, aircon, leather seats (don't fancy them anyway), rear wing, boot light, not even the spot where the whole device should be, it's all covered in the same fabric), 2nd airbag.

Any ideas why all of them are missing completely?

Btw I love my Puma and have spent quite a lot of money on her to make sure everything is working properly, so just wanna know why does the car hasn't got any of those. Not even the boot light. Cheers

Sounds just like a standard 1.7 to me, www.etis.ford.com will tell you it's original specification.

Aircon was an option as was electric mirrors either on their own or as part of the 'Luxury' pack. Odd about the third brake light as most of the 2001 builds had them fitted as standard, maybe it was a late registered 2000 build, again ETIS would tell you that.
Cloth seats were standard on everything except special editions. Passenger Airbag also an option.

Sounds like the person that bought it didn't want extras :D

As for the boot light, it's probably been removed or fallen down the side of the carpet, it should be clipped up under the plastic trim in the right hand side as you're looking in the boot. My FRP had had it cut off and the live wires were literally loose behind the carpet. Bought a new one and refitted it no problem.

Specification info

Wonder if the boot lid has been replaced at some point??
Mine is 01, has electric mirrors, 3rd brake light, CD and aircon.

Rob.

Thanks for the info red, I'll have a look. I've been thinking to get the 3rd brake light fitted..or is it too much cost and work?

Easiest way to get brake light would be to replace entire tailgate with one already in it.

Yes it looks like the first buyer didn't like extras. The boot light and it's components are completely missing, probably been covered by the fabric. Not sure if the boot lid has been replaced or not, but the shade of the paint matches the whole car. I wanted a 3rd brake light, but it would cost too much to change the whole boot lid now :( Thanks for the infos guys

Latest posts

Back