Emotionally reengaged?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quest63

Well as works been a bit thin on the ground this last week or so I turned my mind to a load of chores, cleaning the homestead, cleaning the dog wagon and fitting a new number plate and rear light and a hundred other little errands that I haven't had time for
in like maybe a year.

And then it occurred to me to go clean the inside of the Pumber Thunder, yes that's the one that's been sat in the garage for like 18 months yep the one I half halfheartedly advertised for sale some time ago.

So on a passing glance some months ago there was a little mould inside and it kinda broke my heart the amount of time and money I put into the car yada yada blah and I thought it better for someone else to have it although I realised a SORNED MOT expired car wouldn't realise a fraction of the 3k plus I have in it.

So anyways an hour in and its looking pretty minty in there in fact its probably as good a condition Thunder interior as Ive ever seen.

So I got to thinking about its other plus points which I wont bore you with ....ok I lied :grin: Cambelt water pump timing belt done, Clutch done,all by members and with Ford tackle, Longlife stainless exhaust, Refurbed rear beam New wishbones Ford stuff again,New springs and shocks, handbrake cover, polished knob, custom leather steering wheel courtesy of WildE, mudflaps,St150 front brakes, New brake pipes and hose all round (well nearly ) new petrol tank, tons of de rusting and hammeriting, Lux mats with covers, and all in a circa 69k car with less than 3/4 k on all the new tackle.........and it suddenly struck me I'm emotionally re engaged with it again.......

and..................

...wrongfully accused of murdering your wife, you escape from the law in an attempt to find her killer and clear your name. Pursuing you is a team of U.S. marshals led by Deputy Samuel Gerard, a determined detective who will not rest until you are captured. As you lead the team through a series of intricate chases, you discover the secrets behind your wife's death and struggle to expose the killer before it is too late?

....You realised what a terrible mistake you'd made so you wrote it a letter explaining everything, all your reasons for leaving it, all your doubts and insecurities laid bare, you begged, you cajoled, you sworn it would never happen again but it was no use, there was no spark anymore...as the battery was flat.

You realised you'd opened the wrong garage and it was the neighbours car?!!

"Dog wagon" and "Ford tackle"... legendary. Not so sure about "polished knob"? Thats charming and everything but we need to know that! Maybe you should put that in the "Made My Day" page :p

Ha Ha you guys :grin: nice to see the same old forum spirit is alive and well. My first job was going to be to delete the for sale ad but I guess they get deleted after a period anyways so I didn't need to do that.

Well apart from her not being for sale I guess I still don't know what fate awaits her but I feel if the original 10 year / indefinite keeper plan is to remain, good arch or arches and sills will likely need to be available. And keeping her pretty standard albeit with the occasional subtle mod or upgrade will still say the same.

So whats the score with that company who were going to or did make the new sills and arches are they still doing so and are they any good?

Oh and Hi to all the old and new friends on the forum :thumbs:

Great that you keeping going with it :grin:

Re. Panels...Here ya go, they have others too btw
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-RH-Full-Sill-/252726688552?hash=item3ad7af3b28:g:p9AAAOSwAuZX2pvP

Thank You I'll be doing some catch up on here for some time but in the meantime has anyone fitted these as yet?

Good to see you are keeping her, I know for a while I was thinking along the same lines but so glad "buttercup" is now back on the road, and loving her all over again :grin:
Be warned though my Daughter has just moved to Manchester (longsight?) so if I come to visit her I will probably drop in to say Hi you as well, might even have "buttercup" with me.

Latest posts

Back