My new, new Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robyorks

Since my old red broke it's cam belt, I have slowly fallen out of love with it. Not having the funds or the knowledge to repair it made matters even worse. I would visit here and hope for a bit of inspiration but even with the best will in the world, old red is still sat on my drive accumulating all manner of flora and fauna.

A few days ago I was offered what I would consider, the holy grail of Puma's. Now I know, your all gonna say 'Oh no, not another silver one' but this to me, is 'the one'

See, my father-in-law bought this one brand new. And luckily for the Puma, he likes to look after his cars so when he came to ask if we wanted it, I snapped his hand off.

Don't get me wrong, it's not without it's faults but the list is WAAY shorter than old red's!

Here's a quick rundown.
One owner (obviously)
full service history
'Lux' edition
31000 miles

The photos are a bit pants as I took them just after we picked it up (Tues evening)
Ill give it a bath at the weekend and post a few more in the bucket for anyone interested.

http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Robyorks/library/

So thanks for reading, apologies for waffling on.

Rob.

I've linked the photos because going to the Photobucket site is unreasonably laden with adverts.

IMG_0523_zpsna4hiak5.jpg

IMG_0524_zps5sl8yv6o.jpg

IMG_0525_zpsxdsvqvfi.jpg

IMG_0526_zpsopymstnm.jpg

It looks good Rob, sounds like it'll have a good history too, so you're right it could be 'the one' to keep :grin: .

I'm trying to work out how you didn't have the funds to repair your old one so bought a new one :lol:

Thanks for that Red.
The wife has funny ideas about cars. The red one is my toy so doesn't rank high on her priority list.
This one is replacing her old car but I am currently working on a contingency plan to remove it from daily use to try and preserve the mileage, and condition as best I can.

Rob.

Looks good, be interested in the "contingency plan" though, its going to be a bugger to hide where she won't find it and she may just wonder why she is walking to work :grin:

Quick update.
MOT passed with two advisories and cam belt done for this weekends little trip.
Three stage mop job on Friday and shes good to go!

Hi Rob
Lucky you, my Fezzers just broken a front spring and now the Puma's turned into the service barge :-(
Barry

Latest posts

Back