New wheel arch panels.....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterboard

I'm an old hand with Pumas, got 2 at the moment and know a thing or two about tuning and setting them up but anyway... I hate transmissions and electrical stuff - hate it!
So...
I had an email convo with ex-pressed panels today and they said they have started the work to produce replacement rear wheel arches.
I've been hassling them for a year or so and was about to throw a wedge of cash at this to get a batch run made but they say availability is about 5 months away.
Price should be between £80 - £100 ex vat so good news!
Nice people, helpful!!!!

Yay!!!!!

Hello, welcome to the site. I guess that's per side?

Thanks for the update :grin:

Now if only they would start doing front wings. When I contacted them they said they might possibly one day......

gopud said:
[post]364938[/post] Have you seen this listing on FleeBay? [link redacted] £45 each :D
These are absolute dog shit - the guy used to go by the name of Kizza on here; was banished due to poor quality/non-arrival of goods paid for.

Much better bet is to use the front wings off a Peugeot 206 (non GTI) - opposite sides, so the drivers side makes a tidy passenger side rear arch and vice versa.

To be fair (and my personal view), the ones I ordered from him 3 years ago took an age to arrive. The bodyshop were ok fitting them and they still look good today....

His other products didn't get good reviews.

I'm glad they worked out for you Muzz but based on his dealings on here with other members and how he chose to conduct himself he is no longer welcome, nor advertisement of his wares. He's one of the only members I can ever remember in nearly 10 years of running this site we've had to take this kind of action with.

Muzboy said:
[post]364943[/post] To be fair (and my personal view), the ones I ordered from him 3 years ago took an age to arrive. The bodyshop were ok fitting them and they still look good today....

His other products didn't get good reviews.
I took it upon myself to make my own decision and ordered them from him, they are £45 for two and are a closer match than 206 front wings so I'd say it's down to personal experience, but having not dealt with him before I have to bow down to the ADMINISTRATOR's comments and decision. :grin:

Is it possible to get new front wings anywhere? I just had my car assessed (2001 model - had it 12 years now) to be undersealed. Guy advised getting new sills and new front wings. I found the place for new sills (£150 per side,)...anyone suggest where/if I can get new front wings?

Elle-Jay said:
[post]366080[/post] Is it possible to get new front wings anywhere? I just had my car assessed (2001 model - had it 12 years now) to be undersealed. Guy advised getting new sills and new front wings. I found the place for new sills (£150 per side,)...anyone suggest where/if I can get new front wings?

The thing to bear in mind is that the new sills are only a 1/3 of the problem.. There's 3 sheets of metal that join there so if the outer sill in gone, the chances are you haven't got much left of the centre panel and the lip from the floor probably also needs addressing. Won't be all of it, but there will be some repair work needed to the other two skins on both sides of the car.

I've just bought my third 51 plate, and needing new arches. Will give ex-pressed a ring tomorrow, he's one of my customers - I work in ford parts in skipton, occassionaly buys panels from us.

Latest posts

Back