Puma engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelitoGt

Hello everyone back again i want to ask something that it's odd to me i checked the engine of my car from the time i bought the car and never gived it to much of a though but today i started checking around Internet about ford puma engines and my engine doesnt much can you check the photo and tell me if the engine is of a puma or the previous owner changed engine and i dont know about it ? And if yes what engine is this ?
ATTACH]
and is there any serial number on the engine so i can check online and where on the engine can i find it ?

Yes i know. i doubt because the sticker it shows 55 kw not 66 and it writes 1-25L thats why i doubt its not the 1.4 engine

:eek: I'd be thinking it'd been changed with that written on it!

1.25 55kW 75PS .. the 1.4 would be 67kW and 91PS

Over here the engines are registered with the vehicle and the engine number is stamped on the block so you can check it.
If yours is similar then I guess you could check for sure.

I dont live in uk and where i live nobody realy cares :roll: :p so the engine number is on the block of the engine is it in a easy place to read ? And if yes where can i run the number to check if its a ford puma engine or something like that ..? Thank you all for your help i appreciate it

Engine number will tell you if its original because it should be the last 7 digits of the VIN

You can normally find out the VIN from an engine number and for Puma engines its very easy as the VINs are all the same except for the last 7 digits.

Engine number is on the front of the engine at the edge before it meets the gearbox.

You can get a 75PS 1.4 but that was only fitted to Focus, should be 90PS in a Puma.

Thank you for your help and point me on where to find the number in my engine i appreciate it. To be honest i didn't quite understand the 2nd paragraph.

pumaengine.jpg

Engine number in the red box.

Take for example my Puma

Engine number - 1D43711

VIN WF0CXXGAEC1D43711

Therefore you add WF0CXXGAEC to the front of any Puma engine number you will get the VIN.

Then you can use Ford ETIS to look up the VIN to see where the engine came from. Or it may already match your car and be original.

THANK YOU :grin: i hope the number its easy viewable . Maybe they have changed only the plastic cover of the engine.

Thanks for this info Ian, I didn't know it was that easy to find Puma VIN/engine numbers!

Now I can track down the 'unknown' history of my spare engine :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back