Exhaust help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InkedMuttley

Hi, I have recently bought a 2001 Puma 1.7 with a Peco catback exhaust and was wondering what manifolds would fit to complete the exhaust? The manifolds I've found have all been £500+ yet there's a few on ebay that are brand new and described as being for the Puma as well as the Fiesta ST, would these fit as if they will £165 is a hard price to sniff at! Also has anybody remapped one of these and is it a worthwhile investment?

I have honestly never heard of anyone fitting a Peco to a Puma.. I can't imagine a remap would be necessary.

In any case, if it has mated up with the original manifold and cat, then as long as you get a replacement that fits the standard design it should be fine. I personally wouldn't expect the Fiesta and Puma part to be interchangeable but I could be wrong.

I might be wrong, the old owner said it was a Peco item but I thought they went bust many moons ago, I've certainly never seen any Peco exhausts for any car this side of the Fords of the early 90's (Think XR2i, XR3i etc) however this is the manifold that is supposedly for the Puma 1.6, 1.7 as well as the Fiesta ST150

Maybe the ST150 does match the Puma size..

and also Peco did do a Puma exhaust from memory.. I'd just never heard of one being fitted :)

Latest posts

Back