Heated windscreen

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterboard

Apologies for another ‘basic’ question but I can’t find an answer on the forum for this.
If you are retro-fitting a heated windscreen to a car that didn’t originally have one, is all the gubbins there - wiring, relays etc so just fit the switch and connect it up???

Cheers...

No it's not. You have to make the full wire harness by yourself. You Need the Winscreen Relay and the Switch. And som wires in the corect thckness. If you are interestet in do it by yourself i have a wiring diagram how i've don this on my own Puma.

Similar question, sorry for hijack, I have a heated screen that doesn’t work, neither does my rear windscreen demister, where would you start?

Start by checking the relevant fuse and relay to identify why they're not working

There are 2 fuse relays sites on a puma . Do you have the Ford owners handbook for your car as apparently the earlier analogue car electrical layout differs to the digital dash.
Start by searching for Fuses and also relay layouts in the search box . I do recall seeing a layout and fuse & relays on this site a few years back. Most of the info is on this site possibly posted by "Yog"

Ask again if you have thoroughly searched without success.
BTW with the ignition key on so the dash lights come on , does either the front or rear screen heaters switches illuminate?

i have the later digital dash and both the front screen and rear screen switches light up, also, the rear screen works its just the front one that doesnt

DOH said:
[post]367238[/post] There are 2 fuse relays sites on a puma . Do you have the Ford owners handbook for your car as apparently the earlier analogue car electrical layout differs to the digital dash.
Start by searching for Fuses and also relay layouts in the search box . I do recall seeing a layout and fuse & relays on this site a few years back. Most of the info is on this site possibly posted by "Yog"

Ask again if you have thoroughly searched without success.
BTW with the ignition key on so the dash lights come on , does either the front or rear screen heaters switches illuminate?

I don’t believe so, my car has been messed with a lot and about the only things that illuminate is clock and radio (later heater controls maybe?) think they illuminate when I press them but certainly neither work!

Latest posts

Back