4 2 1 manifold

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTN75

All looking for opinions on fitting a 4 2 1 manifold is it worth it are there any power gains from it?

Thanks in advance

Hi
Seeing as yours is only a 1.4 I wouldn't bother as you would need to get a cat on the system to get it through the MOT etc. Far better to sell the 1.4 and buy a 1.7.
Barry

Ah sorry should have said its a 1.7 and a track car so the cat wouldn't be an issue

Hi.
If it a track car then a 421 or 4-1 would be a great step forward.
There is definitely more power.
Dont forget to upgrade the brakes and suspension too..

Cheers that's another one on the shopping list :grin:
Already have a full ST150 set up to go on just refurbishing them beforehand. The suspension has been done by the previous owner it's got spax shockers and stiffer springs on and the rear beam has been polybushed I don't actually know how she handles yet as not mot but I've got a track day booked for 20th Feb can't wait :grin:

They're a pain in the backside to fit. The studs often come out of the head with the bolts. Also you may have to remove the drivers side driveshaft and top the gearbox oil up whilst removing it.

It's a waste of time if you have a stock catback, you'll need a straight pipe (Hoffmann or similar) and you can run it off a standard Puma backbox. :cool:

TAPE ECU if you want pops & bangs on overrun and gear changes. :wink:

P.S the Puma cat is low grade, but it's worth £40. I always take my cats in to a catalytic converter shop, like a scrap yard you need bank card, photographic ID and your vehicle reg is noted down.

Latest posts

Back