THAT Registration Number

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crikey! :shock:

They do seem to be a tad optimistic with prices, but I expect that's how they get their money in the same way as estate agents that value a house higher might get more work.

(They value one of my plates at 5x more than I paid for it - yeah, right :lol: )

I was thinking of getting something like TH51NDR for mine but wondered would anyone even know what it meant

Just checked that site. A reg I looked at a couple of years ago has more than halved in price. Shows how optimistic they are in the first instance. They have to try though, as some schmuck might come along & buy it.

Also just looked at one & it's listed at £167...seems my tastes aren't as high as they used to be, :lol:

yippeekiay said:
Also just looked at one & it's listed at £167...seems my tastes aren't as high as they used to be, :lol:
If it's £167 with them, that's before VAT and the £80 transfer fee, so £280.40. But go direct to DVLA and it'll be £250 including the transfer fee. :cool:

I think that PUM4A one will be hanging around for a while unless there's a sudden sky rocket in second hand car values... It is cool but not £9k cool.

red said:
[post]367592[/post] I think that PUM4A one will be hanging around for a while unless there's a sudden sky rocket in second hand car values... It is cool but not £9k cool.

I'd agree 100% with that, Red. That's why I was surprised to see it at such a high cost. I suppose if I had a mint FRP and a spare £9k, then it might make sense, but if I had £9k to spend on my car I don't think I'd be blowing it on a numberplate. A full body strip down and respray, interior re-trim and engine rebuild first, I think.

Then the numberplate!

red said:
[post]367592[/post]
I think that PUM4A one will be hanging around for a while
I think so, a numberplate with the model of your car on it makes no sense to me. A numberplate with your own name on it makes much more sense, but in reality the only advantage even then is that staff in petrol stations and shops call you by your first name (or what they think it is).

I know this because I had one for 8 years. Back in the day, I bought this 16 month old car in London (I'm sure the guy had gambling debts or something) for a very sharp price for cash and it had the Reg. No. - 'RON **'. The guy pointed out that the car had a personalised number plate and I said, 'Pity for you my name's not Ron then, isn't it?' and that was the end of that.

After a while, I stopped bothering to correct the 'Hi Ron, that'll be £44.28 on Pump number 6?' stuff and just went with the flow. But I did figure that the plate would have some value and that it would accrue over time, so just kept it on.

8 years later it was time to sell the car (I always keep my cars for a good while) I just sold the number plate a couple of months before I sold the car and, er, that was the end of that.

Still have the original rear plate nailed to a rafter in the garage though, just as a keepsake. :)

Latest posts

Back