Got me thinking

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingerdave

The post by xnbradley regarding the discovery of corrosion after being rear ended in his Racing Puma.How many of us who “cherish” our cars whatever they are,actually do regular checks for corrosion? I probably have more spare time than most people and twice a year give them a thorough check over chassis wise looking for signs of corrosion.Fortunately my mot garage let me get under the car with examiner and have a thorough look.He even shows me if he spots any scabbiness in areas not normally considered at risk.Any car that I own which is an “investment”car,whatever that implies,and this would certainly mean a Racing Puma,I would check on a regular basis and treat immediately with ACF 50 or something similar.Long term will save you thousands of pounds and in his case a lot of heartache.

Thinking always leads to problems (my wife tells me that all the time) but right enough, unless you have access to the underside, proper access not just being able to lay under it, it can be nigh on impossible to check all the rust traps.
While I had the fuel tank off i had the car up on four ramps so I was able to clean most of the underside and coat in underseal, my MOT man hates me for it but he knows that he can still thump the chassis or dig with his probe and it will be solid because I do the same before I underseal it.
I have yet to lift the carpets or remove the bumpers so who knows what horrors are lurking.
I guess I may just have to avoid being rear ended.

Latest posts

Back