Pretentious Puma Promo Video

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCJ007

Watched this today it's in Spanish and a bit pretentious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHLC84nhny0
So I guess I should don some shiny loose fitting clothes do a bit of vogueing and over the topply dance maneuvers at my nearest desert lakebed and then drive my Puma around in circles creating loads of dust :wink: . I would except there are just a few issues; I don't have any shiny loose fitting or clothes hair gel :? , I'm no fan of pretentious dancing :cool: and I live in rainy Scotland so there is a mysterious shortage of desert lakebeds :eek: and my Puma is grounded until I get it's timing issues resolved (it runs but is hesitant to start, sporadically overheats and is missing a bit of oomph :-( ) but ah well never mind just a thought have a great weekend folks!

:lol: Oh dear. Some marketing is... odd. And doesn't date well, at all. I bet many car ads from that time were similar, though. I actually love looking at old car advertisements - stuff like the Capri ones from the 70's were very macho and look bizarre now.

I think the ad is crying our for a 2018 remake on the banks of the Clyde, JCJ, to bring it up to date. We understand you have to get your car sorted first, though. :grin:

MikeT66 said:
:lol: Oh dear. Some marketing is... odd. And doesn't date well, at all. I bet many car ads from that time were similar, though. I actually love looking at old car advertisements - stuff like the Capri ones from the 70's were very macho and look bizarre now.

I think the ad is crying our for a 2018 remake on the banks of the Clyde, JCJ, to bring it up to date. We understand you have to get your car sorted first, though. :grin:

Yes that would be fun to make a new video, my car runs well now I just need to keep an eye on it and all the other problems i.e rust are not actually visible externally. A fascinating old car advert is the old Mk3 Cortina one it's just so sexist and phenomenally patronising no wonder the girl only air kisses her boyfriend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgCQFLAQAgY

Haha! That's superb! The air-kiss is strange, considering the girl immediately reclines the seat right back as soon as she gets in - my older brother would have said that was deemed a very clear signal in the early 1970s! :lol:

In a way, I suppose the old adverts try and sell the cars the same way as the new ones - as offering a 'lifestyle'... It may be an age thing ( :oops: ) but I do prefer the old car adverts, though - it could be rose-tinted glasses, but they seem more 'honest'. Or maybe I really am just old.

Latest posts

Back