Child/Baby Seats

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van_Dammesque

Hi has anyone had any experience with baby/child seats.

I would ideally want a 0-12 years old type seat?

I believe the Puma does not have an ISOFix compatibility, but surely every seat/booster is compatible with a standard 3 point seat belt?

I have only found one that is applicable but is only for 0-1 years of age!

Problem I had with the Puma was that although the child seat goes in the back ok, you need to be very careful to seat it properly due to the bucket type rear seats in the Millie, should be ok in an ordinary Puma I think.
Most if not all seats are ok with 3 point belts, preferably get one which holds the belt in over the shoulder, we have a "Graco" has adjustable head rests, adjustable arm rests, drink holders etc, brilliant seat, fits up to around 12 year old depending on height/weight , fits fine in both our cars
If using in the rear of the Puma be prepared for the front seat passenger to complain about being kicked in the back, oh and a sore back from putting child actually in the seat :grin:

Just re-read your op, if it is for a new born don't forget it has to be rear facing , the Graco is forward facing so cannot be used until around 4 years old.
Most rear facing should be ok with normal belts
Check the new regulations carefully as there are still seats out there which will not conform
Bit of a minefield now so be careful

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Infant-Baby-Child-Kid-Car-Seat-Rear-Facing-Koochi-Upstart-Group-0-San-Fran-A/132452707366?epid=7010606900&hash=item1ed6cbec26:g:M9gAAOSw3WxaHsVa

You can't use the same seat for a newborn that you would for a 3-12 year old. As Zinc says it would need to be rear facing and should go in ok but in my experience was quite awkward in the FRP because the seats didn't slide when tilted. Once in it worked fine though.

I'd have thought the booster type ones for the older children would fit ok, in my Focus I've had to take the rear headrests out though because it would push the seat forward at an awkward angle.

Thank you for all the replies!

The one I am looking at (0-12yrs) starts as a rear facing one, then is removed to become a forward facing one.
But I will check if it 3-point seat belt compatible.

i'm not too sure about a rear facing one, but forward facing one i highly recommend the recaro young sport! selt belt fixing nice and easy, and my daughter finds it so comfy she can easily sleep in it no problem! good for long journeys etc. recaro have further improved the design on it so no doubt be more ideal! also i found mine for the cheapest price on demon tweeks! so its always best to look around even on the sites you would least expect it

Latest posts

Back