Speedo stopped, engine cutting out

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulyV

Hello there,

The Puma has been very reliable until now so I have not had to post much, until today.

Driving on the motorway last night - After an hour I noticed the speedo had stopped working (needle at 0 and no mileage being put on the odo). Also when slowing down for a junction the car now has a tendency to stall - this has never happened until last night.

I have read that on a Focus this can be the speed sensor unit atop the gearbox...is this likely to be the same issue on a Puma as I have not found a definitive answer.

Thanks for reading.

Pauly

Yes that will cause it . Check the black plastic plug ,where the sensor plugs into the loom on RHS just above the gearbox, as it may have become unplugged or the contact pins may need cleaning with electrical contact cleaner

Thank you DOH.

May I ask, can I locate/see this item without a ramp, from either above or below? My car is parked on the street usually.

It's above the gearbox more or less to the rear of the battery tray and as Paul (DOH) says it's a big black plastic plug.

This was resolved by my mechanic and it was indeed the speed sensor should anyone have a similar issue. Thanks all.

Latest posts

Back