HELP P1380 error code !!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWOPORSCHE

Hi guys need some advise please.

My code reader has indicated i have a P1380 error code on my 1998 Puma, replaced the cam belt, and fitted a new VCT Solenoid, BUT the problem is still there, next options please?

Charlie

Hi Charlie
It took some finding this one but eventually got "misfire detected" at the start of a P1380 description. My guess is you may not have done the cambelt change successfully. Did you follow Ford TIS instructions, replace both the crankshaft pulley and VCT pulley bolts, tension the belt with the cam pulleys loose on the shafts and did you remove the pin from the tensioner in two stages as described by Ford? If not the timing will be out now so check it with the Ford timing tools again.
Barry

Barry
Thank you for your advise, where can i find a copy of the Ford TIS Instructions?

So i can try again.

Charlie

Hi Charlie
I've just bumped it up to be the post below this. You will also need to read and understand Gates technical bulletin \036 for setting the tensioner but just google that.
Barry

https://www.gatestechzone.com/en/tech-tips/all-technical-tips?tag1=English

Latest posts

Back