Air conditioning valve - advice or info needed so I can stay cool.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulyV

Phew - what a scorcher.

My Puma is very warm at the moment with some weak air con. Took it to Kwik Fit to get regassed and they failed to be able to do it due to a valve apparently missing on my car's system. This meant that when filling the system the gas just escaped. I wondered if anyone here could tell me what the part I am looking for might be, so I can ebay the part?

The first image is where these sit in the engine bay - the valve in image 3 where the gas escapes from is on the left. The second image is what the part in question 'should' apparently look like (notice the valve inside like a bicycle tyre valve). The final image is where the gas simply escapes from - notice there is no valve inside. Not sure why it would be missing. Any guesses as to the part I need please???

Thank you.

Sorry no idea myself, mine needs sorting too as only blows between hot and temperature of the sun depending on where you set the dial! Good luck

Thanks for the good luck note! Could I possibly ask anyone else to take a photograph of those 2 valves so I might compare them to my own? It would be useful if a flash was used so I can actually see inside the valve.

Thank you in advance.

Pauly

Someone had a similar problem over on Ford Owners Club.
There was some discussion as to whether new valves are still available, but someone posted this link:
https://www.koolairconsupplies.com/r134a-refrigeration-car-air-conditioning-standard-valve-core-pack-of-5.html

Aircon Valve Covers:

Aircon Valve Covers Off:

Aircon Top Valve:

Good Luck!

The lower valve doesn't have a valve like the upper one. The lower one is actually a small rubber-ish ball that is held against the inside of the hole by some kind of spring or some other means....

CherryVimto said:
The lower valve doesn't have a valve like the upper one. The lower one is actually a small rubber-ish ball that is held against the inside of the hole by some kind of spring or some other means....

Yes, I can see in the pictures above, kindly supplied by a forum member, that there is not a valve in the lower one, but some rubber. I wonder if it might be held in by pressure.

To resolve this thread it turns out the system was working okay. There was a small valve deep inside the pipe where I thought it was missing. Thanks for your support.

In short if, when looking at the car from the front, the left-hand silver pipe is rather cold, you should have working refrigerant.

Latest posts

Back