New Book Featuring Puma

General discussion area relating to the Ford Puma, any off topic or threads that are deemed chat/waffle will be moved to the relevant areas! Please keep ON TOPIC at all times.

Moderator: Moderators

stevesaxty
Model: Other

New Book Featuring Puma

Post by stevesaxty » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:07 pm

Hello, I’ve spent the last two years working on a book about Ford’s design, engineering and marketing. It covers fifty years and focusses most on the coupes, RS, XR and ST vehicles – plus a lot on Puma. Program SE161 (to ex-Ford people like me) is a fascinating story and the car gets its own chapter in the book. I worked the Puma designers Mario Polla and the late Chris Svensson to unpick the earliest beginnings of the car. It includes the background behind the Puma’s product planning and I’ve got many of the original design sketches of what-could-have-been. I also had beautiful illustrations of the Puma in Thunder and as an FRP drawn to go on the cover of the two versions and in profile view for the Collector’s Edition. If you’d like to know a little more then have a read of the intro here. https://www.porterpress.net/porterpress/intro-pages.pdf

I'd happily share some pages but I confess I can't figure out how to upload them, sorry!
0 x

Dal
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

New Book Featuring Puma

Post by Dal » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:29 am

Good luck with the book - I'm sure Ford enthusiasts will really enjoy it - especially the chapter on the Puma from our respect :ok:

To add some photos, click the "Add Files" button below the reply box.
1 x

red
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

New Book Featuring Puma

Post by red » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:10 am

I just read the intro, very good. 8-)

Dal - I don't think that button shows up until at least 2 posts have been made.
1 x
FRP#0201 (2000) 2009-2011
Melina Blue (1999) 2006-2009
Moondust Silver (2000) 2006

stevesaxty

New Book Featuring Puma

Post by stevesaxty » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:24 pm

Thanks, guys - it's something I'm very proud to share. If I do a second post then would I be able to upload some images? James S suggested making it a sticky on the site - I'm happy to do a Q&A for site users if they wanted.
0 x

Fanwheel
Project Regular
Project Regular
Model: 1.7

New Book Featuring Puma

Post by Fanwheel » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:57 pm

Good luck with the book Steve
Has it just been published? I liked the introduction. It looks as if you put a lot of work in - and it is now on my birthday list. It will be interesting to learn more about the development of the Puma and i expect will be a good companion to ‘Puma: The Inside Story’ that was produced (by Ford ?) back in the day.

Good luck with it

The images look intriguing too
1 x
1.7 Moondust Silver (1999) 2014 to present
1.7 Panther Black (1998) 2001 to 2005

zinc2000
Guru!
Guru!
Model: Millennium

New Book Featuring Puma

Post by zinc2000 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Looks a fantastic book, already on my Christmas list, although my daughter did look at the price of the special edition and go "in your dreams Dad"
Really hope my kids take the hint about this
0 x
Empty Scottish roads and a Puma, bring it on

stevesaxty

New Book Featuring Puma

Post by stevesaxty » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:14 pm

I just posted some new pics today of the book as it runs down the printer's line today.
0 x

Return to “Puma Area”