New Book Featuring Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevesaxty

Hello, I’ve spent the last two years working on a book about Ford’s design, engineering and marketing. It covers fifty years and focusses most on the coupes, RS, XR and ST vehicles – plus a lot on Puma. Program SE161 (to ex-Ford people like me) is a fascinating story and the car gets its own chapter in the book. I worked the Puma designers Mario Polla and the late Chris Svensson to unpick the earliest beginnings of the car. It includes the background behind the Puma’s product planning and I’ve got many of the original design sketches of what-could-have-been. I also had beautiful illustrations of the Puma in Thunder and as an FRP drawn to go on the cover of the two versions and in profile view for the Collector’s Edition. If you’d like to know a little more then have a read of the intro here. https://www.porterpress.net/porterpress/intro-pages.pdf

I'd happily share some pages but I confess I can't figure out how to upload them, sorry!

Good luck with the book - I'm sure Ford enthusiasts will really enjoy it - especially the chapter on the Puma from our respect :eek:k:

To add some photos, click the "Add Files" button below the reply box.

I just read the intro, very good. :cool:

[ref]Dal[/ref] - I don't think that button shows up until at least 2 posts have been made.

Thanks, guys - it's something I'm very proud to share. If I do a second post then would I be able to upload some images? James S suggested making it a sticky on the site - I'm happy to do a Q&A for site users if they wanted.

Good luck with the book Steve
Has it just been published? I liked the introduction. It looks as if you put a lot of work in - and it is now on my birthday list. It will be interesting to learn more about the development of the Puma and i expect will be a good companion to ‘Puma: The Inside Story’ that was produced (by Ford ?) back in the day.

Good luck with it

The images look intriguing too

Looks a fantastic book, already on my Christmas list, although my daughter did look at the price of the special edition and go "in your dreams Dad"
Really hope my kids take the hint about this

I just posted some new pics today of the book as it runs down the printer's line today.

Latest posts

Back