Fith Gear on Quest featured a Puma rear disc conversion in the Mod Shop

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOH

This appeared last night and a £500 kit was fitted off an ST . As it was an early Puma with the smaller discs I am surprised he didn't change them first as even just fitting the later bigger 258mm set up would have yielded a larger improvement, as most of the braking is done on the front.
He had the car stripped out ready for track days. The result using an app on his phone iirc was an improvement in stopping of 0.03g and he thought that was a worthwhile improvement.

Surely the fronts would have yielded a greater improvement than that?

Most of the cars that I have come across that have rear discs fitted unless the car is used regularly and driven reasonably briskly suffer rear disc corrosion because they don't get hot enough in normal driving on the road. I sight a similar sized car such as the Mazda MX5 suffers this corrosion problem with the rear discs corroding .

Was a bit of a bodge to be honest. Glossed over the abs not being refitted, plus as you say, the fronts being upgraded would yeild much better results.

The FRP only brakes better due to the Alcons at the fronts, the rears are just show!

Latest posts

Back