Ex pressed steel news

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian cox

Hi,
I have seen that EPS panels have just sent out some PR about doing a licence deal for Ford body panels.
This is good and bad news.
The good news is that ESP will now have support from Ford technically so more products could be launched, with better quality and with regularity of supply, hopefully for Puma's too.
The bad news that the licensing deal has to be paid for in some way so panel prices will rise.

Perhaps Ford have cracked onto the fact that there is 'gold in them there classic car hills' and may look to licence /remanufacture other parts.

Just look at the BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, JLR, Aston Martin, Ferrari classic car departments, they make serious money in parts and factory restoration services.

Unfortunately whilst this happens more Puma's will be scrapped due to terminal rust problems making them beyond economical repair. Hang in there everyone.

Kind regards Ian

Hi
I am sure the scream for front wings will get very loud very quickly.
I used to be in the Porsche world and as the classic department got involved they did deals with suppliers making sure parts were only available through Porsche routes and not other OEM based resellers.
For example front head lights went from £110 to over £300 in 5 years as they pressured Bosch.
Front wings went from £350 to over £1600 a side. Moreover the tools became old and the fit was rubbish so much fettling needed to get to fit but they were genuine.
I need to be careful what I wish for. :lol: :p

Kind regards Ian

I spoke to Mike on Saturday. Wings should be available. I’m gonna try and buy some and see what happens!

They do all the FRP parts too, but to do it all is VERY expensive by the time you’ve got hubs, driveshafts, wishbones, bumpers and panelwork

But really, what is it about the hubs that is different? Angle of the shock absorber inclination due to the wider track? I really think that can be sorted out with regular hubs (enlargin the opening and producing an bespoke inpart to take the shock absorbers to the right angle).
The driveshafts are of no concern; they can be tailor made not to expensively. So that leaves the bumpers and trackrods, but I have suspicion those are just off shelf parts from ecort or something similar from that age....?

Puma wings are bolt on thankfully so easy to remove from scrapped and with the exception of the bottom rear are usually in good order, even repairing that bottom edge wouldn't be too hard for a competent mig welder user. The weld on stuff is more awkward, I've just removed some wings from a mk5 fiesta, why these Got welded on when Puma got bolted is nuts. The big money though has now hit early fiestas with OE front wings commanding 300 each as pattern ones are a terrible fit. ESP need to jump on that one.

Latest posts

Back