Less than 6000 left in the UK

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DradusContact

Did a search on howmanyleft, and by my count there are less than 6000 left. Drop over the last couple of years has been massive. They're getting to the point were the only people likely to have them are enthusiasts.

Hi
I concur with this until in around 5 to 10 years speculators pile in buying up cars of their youth and price enthusiasts out of the market. :p :cool:

Saw it happen in air cooled 911 car market over the last 5 to 7 years. I owned a 1969 2.2S for around 10 years until I sold it 2 years ago. Price went mad.

Kind regards Ian

I remember when i had my original puma you could get an FRP for <£5000. Your looking at 3 times that now, if you can even find one.

Puma always felt like a car that didn't get the recognition it deserved in its own time, maybe one day it will be seen as a lost classic.

Just checked pistonheads classified, none at all for sale. Checked ebay, pumas for sale but not FRP's

The number getting lost now to rust is incredible, there's just too many that can be bought for no money that are barely worth repairing to the point you could barely give one away.

It'll get to a point soon where there's only well kept enthusiast examples and the odd kept running by a back street garage example around.

I agree sadly, my Puma of 3.5 year failed MOT in December, mostly rust but few other bits as well, and the repair bill would be £700+...and with advisories next year I'd be looking almost the same if not more, and that's really upsetting :( So now I'm waiting and probably soon will be my last time with my Puma, best car I've owned for sure :-( :-(

When I started the parts business I could go on the insurer lists and choose a car to use for engine conversions, you'd have the choice of mileage, ECU and normally one in a close enough depot to go and get it.

Now you're lucky if there are any on there and as for sensible mileage, forget it.

I've 7 Thunders, 1 Mille and a regular 1.7 with 36k on stored here waiting for loving owners who like welding but yes - the days of picking up a tidy one cheap are long gone.

Latest posts

Back