LED lights main beams

General discussion area relating to the Ford Puma, any off topic or threads that are deemed chat/waffle will be moved to the relevant areas! Please keep ON TOPIC at all times.

Moderator: Moderators

jgpuma
Model: Millennium

LED lights main beams

Post by jgpuma » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:23 am

Hi Guys,

does any of you know a decent site where to find proper LED lights as main beams.
Problem is that there are so many different sellers regarding LED lights so i thought its best to chck if any of you had any expirience with LED lights so far.
I did a search in the forum but couldnt any hits.
Help would be appreciated.

cheers Jeroen
0 x

CherryVimto
Guru!
Guru!
Model: Other

LED lights main beams

Post by CherryVimto » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:08 pm

I tried a few years ago, but LED brightness & quality was not that great. Could not at the time find anything that matched the light/lumen output of standard filament bulbs!

I have no idea what sort of LED technology is out there now. I would suggest searching on YouTube for videos about LED headlight bulbs/LED conversions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPcE-fWHmww just for a little taster...
1 x

lusid666
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!
Model: 1.7

LED lights main beams

Post by lusid666 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:45 pm

I work in a parts shop and the boss got in a pack of each of the top LED bulbs and took them home to test in his wifes C3. He just swapped the passenger side so he could compare them with the standard bulbs and they all were worse than the standard bulbs. Hes Mercedes has LEDs in the headlights and they work very well but then the light units are designed for LEDs
1 x
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those who dont.

Wild E. Coyote
Guru!
Guru!

LED lights main beams

Post by Wild E. Coyote » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:15 pm

I tried them as well and they were horrible. Put stock HB3's back into the car and they work better than the LED's I tried. Not worth the hassle, IMHO
0 x

RICHARD MANSFIELD2
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!

LED lights main beams

Post by RICHARD MANSFIELD2 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:42 pm

Hi,
I tried LED about 18 months ago. Useless save your money.

Regards,
Richard.
1 x

NickNackUk

LED lights main beams

Post by NickNackUk » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:46 pm

I've used a company called Autobulbsdirect.co.uk or abd.co.uk and have used the twenty20 led bulb replacements with good results. Wasn't in a puma but similar projector style lense, had a good cut off and light output.
0 x

Return to “Puma Area”