Was this a factory interior?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogee

This car is for sale near me, an early 98 R car but the interior is interesting to me - it's textured leather.

I thought the only factory leather was 'flat' (Thunder, like Fiesta seats) and the perforated Recaros in Millennium. And Sparco for Racing, if you count alcantara as leather.

Was this a factory option or is it a one-off? Rear seats are similarly textured as are the rear 'door' cards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210310-204752.png
    Screenshot_20210310-204752.png
    840.3 KB · Views: 1,655
:cool: not seen it but it certainly looks good quality. The reg might show what interior it was fitted with in etis

s-l1600.jpg
These are similar and spotted on Ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-Leather-Seats-Red-Black-Unique-Classic-Ford-Puma/124623574876?hash=item1d0424d75c%3Ag%3ASKMAAOSwXChgSOUR&LH_ItemCondition=3000

Similar but not the same! The seat base has a different number of 'divisions' and the door card is a different style too.

I had no idea there were so many interior trim options.

These definitely look very similar to the red leather seats as found in a sportka or streetka, but I think these have had a bit of reupholstery done.

red said:
:cool: not seen it but it certainly looks good quality. The reg might show what interior it was fitted with in etis
No joy in ETIS - reg no not recognised, unfortunately.

grogee said:
No joy in ETIS - reg no not recognised, unfortunately.
Probably need to use the VIN. If it's had plate changes ETIS doesn't keep track and it has to be original, I have to use the original plate or VIN for my car.

Latest posts

Back