Mint Puma, do they exist?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T16

My mum is a huge fan of the Pumas, and she has been after a "mint" one thats been garaged most of its life and has not had or required any welding/paintwork, unlike her current example which is in a sorry state.

There was the odd one or two that I saw come up for sale about 2 years ago, but since then its been pretty thin on the ground for garaged, low milage, unmolested cars.

Is this chasing a unicorn? Do you think there are some garaged minters out there or is this just wishful thinking?

I would like to think there are some perfect examples out there as there do seem to be people who like to keep/store them. But, I would suggest they would be in the VERY small numbers.

If you did find such an example and had the vast amount of cash to pay for it (unless it's owned by someone who doesn't really know their potential 'value') I wouldn't even be driving it for a while.
I'd have the whole underside stripped down, rust and stone chip protected. I know from previous experience that with some of these Pumas, once they start rusting it doesn't take long for them to become scrap.

:cool: of course they exist, whether they would be for sale would be another question.

For the price of a 'mint' one you may find that you'd end up with as good a car by spending less and getting it restored. You could also go even further and have the whole thing stripped put on a spit, cleaned, any welding, treatment etc and then put back together.

Like CheryVimto says even a 'mint' one would probably need work if it's just been stored and not kept up with perishable rubber items, servicing, fluid changes etc

Well if there is anyone here who has a Puma in any other colour than Silver, thats mint, and they want to move it on.... My mother will happily take it off your hands, she is Puma obsessed!
Having just done a load of work on her existing rotbox, and it also needing a load of work still, I'd rather she found a mint one too! :)

Latest posts

Back